cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server User Instance only supported on SQL Server Express SKU

Muhammad_Izdiha
Level 2
Hi Everyone,

When I installing the BluePrism Learning edition version 6.9, I've facing the error when try to install Local Db, and unable to continue. For context, I have full admin access for my machine and have SQL Server 2019 installed.

I have try to re-install a few time before, but still face the same error. Even after I download a fresh new installer. I believe, I have done all the un-installation process accordingly as per guide.

As non technical user, I not sure how to create/change the Db instance. Also I have no idea what is SQL Server Express SKU.

Please assist, on how to resolve this error.

The screen shot of the error, is as below :-

10996.jpg
The error detail is as below :-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An error occurred whilst configuring Blue Prism localdb.

BluePrism.DatabaseInstaller.DatabaseInstallerException: Unable to determine whether database exists - A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 50 - Local Database Runtime error occurred. Error occurred during LocalDB instance startup: SQL Server process failed to start.
)
at BluePrism.DatabaseInstaller.Installer.CheckDatabaseExists()
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.LocalDatabaseInstaller.get_DatabaseExists()
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.LocalDatabaseInstaller.get_UpgradeOnly()
at AutomateUI.BPApplication.Start(String[] args)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Izdihar Ilmin.

------------------------------
Muhammad Izdihar Ilmin
2 REPLIES 2

AmiBarrett
Level 12
This sounds more like a problem with how your SQL instance is configured, than it does the BluePrism installer. Check this article and see if it helps.

https://blog.sqlauthority.com/2017/02/25/sql-server-event-id-26-sql-server-installation-either-corrupt-tampered-error-getting-instance-name/

Ami Barrett
Automation Developer, Team Lead
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

MartinCabrera
Level 3
Izdihar,

Not sure if you solved this. 
I had the same issue and solved it by going to command prompt (cmd) and typing:
  1. C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\sqllocaldb create blueprismlocaldb
  2. C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\sqllocaldb start blueprismlocaldb
I am having another issue now that is that every time I close BP I have to do the 2nd step above. I am trying to learn how to keep the blueprismlocaldb running while the PC is on.

Martin Cabrera
Montevideo, Uruguay
Martin Cabrera Montevideo, Uruguay