cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduler doesn't start pending items

ŁukaszKiciak
Level 5
Hi, from time to time we are faceing with the problem, when the scheduler adds a new pending item to the session management, but does't run it. The issue is quiet critical, because some of our processes run at night and scheduler blocks VDI pool, and next process cannot be started. Does any of you have had a similiar issue and maybe found a solution or any notifcation system about this kind of situation? Many thanks in advance, Best, L
11 REPLIES 11

ryanamiller
Level 5
Are there required Startup Parameters that need to be defined in the Schedule's Task that are missing?  If you right-click a Pending session and chose run, are you prompted for Startup Parameter values?

ŁukaszKiciak
Level 5
Hi Ryan, the process, which stuck yesterday has a startup parameter (it is set in the scheduler). When I ran it manually, i was prompted with startup value. Today we had the same issue, but with the processes, which don't have any startup parameters. I'm not sure, if it important for this issue, but process are started one by one as tasks in scheduler, depending whether it's completed or terminated. L  

JereVekka
Level 3
I think this is related to Blue Prism connection problems in 6.xx versions. We are issuing also pending items which blocks all rest schedules for current resource and also all other problems mentioned in this thread We have not yet tested does 6.3 fix any/some/all problems mentioned earlier.

MichaelBerg_And
Level 3
We are facing the same issue and we are running V. 5.0.32.0 - So i do not think it is a V.6 related issue. Also - We have been running our current version for almost a year, and we havent experienced this issue before.

stefan.hansen
Level 4
We are running into the exact same issue. Both processes with and without startup parameters. We are running the newest version: 6.3.0

PetriKaukua
Level 4
How many schedules  are being started at the same time or almost at the same time (i.e. in a span of couple of minutes)? We have noticed that Blue Prism stops performing well (skips steps, schedules are stuck in pending state or resources are just plainly offline etc.) when there are more than a few schedules being started at the same time or in a span of couple of minutes. So far it looks like it is an inherent problem in Blue Prism itself and it only seems to manifests after a time when you are gradually increasing volume (schedules, processes etc.) that are being run.

stefan.hansen
Level 4
We have just been told by a supporter at Blue Prism that they are working on a fix for this. He couldn't give us a release time only that their developers have this issue at the highest priority.

K_PrabhuChaitan
Level 2
Hi Stefan, So, are all versions including latest version of BP has the scheduler problem ? Regards, Prabhu

JohnnyNguyen
Level 2
Hi Stefan, Do you know if it has been resolved yet?  As we are also experiencing this issue.