cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduler not executing processes

NicholasD_Agost
Level 3

Hello,

I have setup a schedule in the Scheduler to execute a process at a certain time of the day. However, it does not execute the process even though there are no processes running on the runtime resource. I have tried to click "run now" and found that it works so i know that i have set up the schedule correctly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

------------------------------
Nicholas D'Agostino
9 REPLIES 9

DaveMorris
Level 14
There are a number of possible causes for this. Let me ask a few questions that may help us troubleshoot.

1. What version of Blue Prism?
  2. Is the time zone the same between the machine you're on, the runtime resource machine, and the application server? For most versions of Blue Prism, the time zone needs to be consistent. However, the fact that Run Now works for you makes me think it's not a time zone issue because the Run Now feature was also affected by the same thing. Unless you're on 6.10 or maybe v7.0. In one of those later versions, I think that was fixed. There was also some version such as 6.7 I think where the Run Now feature worked when in different time zones.
  3. Have you checked the event viewer logs yet? I would check it on the server. It'll be under "Application > Blue Prism". 
There's probably more to check, but I think those are some quick easy things to determine first.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your quick reply. The Version is  6.9.0. I don't think it is an issue with the time zone either, although I am in EST the runtime resources as well as the application server are all on PST. I have tried looking at the "Recent Activity" under "Reports" but there is no reports for the process being executed. I know that sometimes it will show an exception if it occurred, but its like its not even getting to execute the first task.

What should I look for in the event viewer log?

Thanks

Nicholas D'Agostino

Hi, Nicholas,

the first prerequisite is that you need to configure Blue Prism Windows Service and start it to have a working Blue Prism Application Server, without that your scheduler won't work.

Regards,

Zdenek

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

HarshitRawat
Level 8
From my experience i have found 2 common reasons for this-
The App server's Timezone was not consistent wit the resource machines. Found that schedules are executed when that "time " will come on the App server. 
If the BP Server service is stopped , schedules are not kicked off

Harshit Rawat
Senior RPA Consultant

The thing is that his Run Now feature is working, and I don't think that Run Now would work if the Scheduler is disabled in the environment or if the application server service isn't running. Scratching my head over this.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA

Have you changed your Resilience setting in the System tab? It wouldn't be causing any issues, but I'm curious about it before we rule out Time Zone issues. Thinking through this, if you clicked Run Now on your machine (Interactive Client) and it's on ET, but your App server and Runtime Resources are on PT, then it would insert the current time into the database as a time to run the schedule. Then the app server would check to see if it should run any schedules, but since it's on PT, I would think it wouldn't run the schedule until like 3 hours or whatever later (math is hard lol). If it were the reverse where your app server is on ET and you were on PT, then I would think the Run Now feature would just literally never work.

If the Resilience setting has been changed, then it could cause Run Now to function when it really shouldn't be able to.

Are you 100% sure Run Now functions correctly?

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA

Ahh, I missed that. That is strange indeed.

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

@Dave Morris- I know this sounds strange but this is what i have also seen in my environments. The Schedules work fine , but Run Now most of the time never works ​

Harshit Rawat
Senior RPA Consultant

Hi Dave,

We found the issue. The Reports tab was not showing our recent reports unless we changed the date range. Now we are seeing that the scheduled process is terminating due to another process running at the same time. The timezone is definitely tricky but I think we have got it figured out.

Thanks for your help with this.

Nicholas D'Agostino