cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedules Remain In DB

Hello,

I want to know how delete option is BP scheduler works, as i had around 10 schedules which were unretired and 15 schedules that were retired which i was not using. So i have deleted the retired schedules using the delete option but when i queried the Database im still able to see the records of deleted schedules with name as null in database and deletedname as my schedule name.

Please help me understand the functionality of delete option.

Regards

------------------------------
Sayeed
Sayeed
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

DaveMorris
Level 14
Hi Sayeed,

The reason that the Schedule still exists in BPASchedule after you deleted the Schedule is probably to maintain referential integrity for other tables that reference that schedule. If that schedule has ever been run in the past, then other tables such as BPAScheduleLogEntry reference it. If the Schedule's entry were entirely deleted, then it would break those references, so that you'd no longer have meaningful audit data if you were to investigate historical scheduler runs (for example).

I tested it a bit, and it looks like one of the conditions that the Scheduler interface in Control Room has is that it won't display any rows from BPASchedule if the name of the schedule is NULL. So, when you delete a Schedule, it appears that Blue Prism updates the field 'name' to be NULL and the field 'deletedname' to be whatever the 'name' field used to say.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

DaveMorris
Level 14
Hi Sayeed,

The reason that the Schedule still exists in BPASchedule after you deleted the Schedule is probably to maintain referential integrity for other tables that reference that schedule. If that schedule has ever been run in the past, then other tables such as BPAScheduleLogEntry reference it. If the Schedule's entry were entirely deleted, then it would break those references, so that you'd no longer have meaningful audit data if you were to investigate historical scheduler runs (for example).

I tested it a bit, and it looks like one of the conditions that the Scheduler interface in Control Room has is that it won't display any rows from BPASchedule if the name of the schedule is NULL. So, when you delete a Schedule, it appears that Blue Prism updates the field 'name' to be NULL and the field 'deletedname' to be whatever the 'name' field used to say.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA