cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for values in excel

MariaKihlberg
Level 4
Hi, I am trying to search for values in excel. I cannot find that functionality in the Excel VBO, and currently elaborate with sending keys (ctrl+f). Anyone with other suggestions? Br, Maria
6 REPLIES 6

jgreaves2
Level 4
Hi Maria, What is it that you are trying to do once you have found these values? Depending on what the end goal is with the information, will allow a more tailored solution. Many Thanks, James

ArchiveUser
Level 4
Hi Maria, find attached action you can copy into the MS Excel VBO that performs the search and returns cell reference in which value has been found.

MariaKihlberg
Level 4
Hi all, Thanks for your comments - I will test and see which one that works best for the process. Basically my objective is to decide whether or not the value that I search for exists. If it does not exist, I will send a business exception. Br, Maria

Hi, I can't see any attachment, but I am after a similar functionality if you could help please.

Create a new action with following code: Dim wb As Object wb = GetWorkbook(Handle, Workbook) wb.activesheet.Cells.Find(What:=SearchValue).Activate Having handle, workbook and searchvalue as inputs of your code stage. The code stage will throw exception which you will have to catch in case the search value is not found.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi nikita.kabra, Please use the option peterlacken suggested earlier. 1. Get the output to a collection from Excel. 2. Use ""Utility - Collection Manipulation"" VBO, and ""Collection Contains Value"" in Action. 3. Pass the Column Name and Value to search. Output will be true/false.