cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Signed Certificates

RamaseshanSubr1
Level 3

Hi Team
I'm installing the Interact Components installation in Window Sever 2019.

I have successfully installed and configured - Erlang/ RabbitMQ / IIS/ .Net Components in the machine but I'm encountering issue while trying to configure SSL certificates.

Currently we are doing the POC, so we are going with Self-Signed Certificates. But we are getting this below issue while trying to run the command in PowerShell. PFB error description and screenshot attached for reference

Could you please let us know how to resolve this issue?

Exception:
PS C:\Users\n1543838> New-SelfSignedCertificate -CertStoreLocation Cert:\LocalMachine\My -DnsName "ims.local" -

FriendlyName "MySiteCertIMS" -NotAfter (Get-Date).AddYears(10)
New-SelfSignedCertificate : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument '-'.
At line:1 char:1
+ New-SelfSignedCertificate -CertStoreLocation Cert:\LocalMachine\My -D ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [New-SelfSignedCertificate], ParameterBindingException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound,Microsoft.CertificateServices.Commands.NewSelfSignedCertificateCommand

FriendlyName : The term 'FriendlyName' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a 
path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:2 char:1
+ FriendlyName "MySiteCertIMS" -NotAfter (Get-Date).AddYears(10)
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (FriendlyName:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

------------------------------
Ramaseshan Subramani
7 REPLIES 7

Hi, Ramaseshan,

it is just a formatting of the line which you probably copied form PDF. There is an extra space or hard enter which is causing the issue. If you put it in notepad first remove the unwanted character and paste it back it will work.

I am pasting here all the self-signed certificate commands which you probably need. Just replace ims for authentication.

New-SelfSignedCertificate -CertStoreLocation Cert:\LocalMachine\My -DnsName "ims.local" -FriendlyName "MySiteCertIMS" -NotAfter (Get-Date).AddYears(10)

New-SelfSignedCertificate -CertStoreLocation Cert:\LocalMachine\My -DnsName "hub.local" -FriendlyName "MySiteCertHub" -NotAfter (Get-Date).AddYears(10)

New-SelfSignedCertificate -CertStoreLocation Cert:\LocalMachine\My -DnsName "email.local" -FriendlyName "MySiteCertEmail" -NotAfter (Get-Date).AddYears(10)

New-SelfSignedCertificate -CertStoreLocation Cert:\LocalMachine\My -DnsName "audit.local" -FriendlyName "MySiteCertAudit" -NotAfter (Get-Date).AddYears(10)

New-SelfSignedCertificate -CertStoreLocation Cert:\LocalMachine\My -DnsName "file.local" -FriendlyName "MySiteCertFile" -NotAfter (Get-Date).AddYears(10)

New-SelfSignedCertificate -CertStoreLocation Cert:\LocalMachine\My -DnsName "notification.local" -FriendlyName "MySiteCertNotification" -NotAfter (Get-Date).AddYears(10)

New-SelfSignedCertificate -CertStoreLocation Cert:\LocalMachine\My -DnsName "license.local" -FriendlyName "MySiteCertLicense" -NotAfter (Get-Date).AddYears(10)

New-SelfSignedCertificate -CertStoreLocation Cert:\LocalMachine\My -DnsName "signalr.local" -FriendlyName "MySiteCertSignalR" -NotAfter (Get-Date).AddYears(10)

New-SelfSignedCertificate -CertStoreLocation Cert:\LocalMachine\My -DnsName "interact.local" -FriendlyName "MySiteCertInteract" -NotAfter (Get-Date).AddYears(10) 

New-SelfSignedCertificate -CertStoreLocation Cert:\LocalMachine\My -DnsName "iada.local" -FriendlyName "MySiteCertIADA" -NotAfter (Get-Date).AddYears(10)

New-SelfSignedCertificate -CertStoreLocation Cert:\LocalMachine\My -DnsName "interactremoteapi.local" -FriendlyName "MySiteCertIRA" -NotAfter (Get-Date).AddYears(10)

Let me know if it works.

Regards,

Zdenek

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

hello,

After setting up Hub I'm getting below error on hub URL.

4012.png
I recreated the hub certificate also and it is in the Trusted Root Certification folder as well.

Appreciate any help

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead

Hello, Tejaskumar,

that is a standard warning from Chrome. Click on advanced button and proceed. You should be presented with log on page for Hub.

Regards

Zdeněk Kabátek
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague

Yeah, I too thought that but when I click on that Proceed nothing happens. Same error stays.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji

Hi, Tejaskumar,

I can see the advanced button on your screenshot. It is on the left side from the blue button Go back.

You may try to delete the cache and run it again.

Regards

Zdenek

Zdeněk Kabátek
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague

Apologies I do see the button but when clicked nothing happened. Ok sure let me try after cleaning up cache.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji

Hey, thanks for the help.

It worked after clearing up the cache and all browser history and now able to access the hub with the certificate error.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji