cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending a Ctrl Key Stroke

TimGrassam
Staff
Staff
I am automating a mainframe application that requires a single Ctrl keystroke to navigate to the next screen. All the documentation I have read specifies how to use the Ctrl key in conjuction with another key by using ^ (e.g. "^{END}" for CTRL + End.) when using Global Send Keys Does any one know what the specification is for a single press of the CTRL key alone using Global Send Keys?
2 REPLIES 2

ManojMishra
Level 2
Hi Tim, Try this ""{^}"". If that does not work then try sending {ENTER} key instead of CTRL key, it sometimes works in the mainframe application. Regards, Manoj

Anonymous
Not applicable
1. Create a second Win32 windows interface just for attaching to the mainframe and sending that one keystroke. I had a problem sending the £ symbol once and this is the technique I used. Every time my object detected some text containing the £ symbol needed to be sent it called my second windows object to send the £ symbol using Global Send Keys. 2. Your other option is to play around with the keyboard mapping within the mainframe emulator itself. Some mainframes have a feature that allows you to map a characcter to a different keyboard key - so simply map the problem key to a different keyboard key that you are not using and experiment with sending that keystroke.