cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Install file path changes after upgrade to 6.10.1

NeilTyson
Level 2
Hi, I am fairly new to Blue Prism and have been asked to upgrade from 6.5.1 to 6.10.1

I have copied the new MSI files to our servers and clients in our Dev environment.

Currently our server files are set up on the D:\ Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate. When I run the installer, the files all shift to the System drive: C:\ Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate.

Is this to be expected, as I suspect we will need to reconfigure databases etc?

Thanks in advance

------------------------------
Neil Tyson
4 REPLIES 4

gmarquez
Level 6
Hi Neil,

Welcome to the world of Blue Prism.  There might be several things that need to be performed here depending on where you are at with your upgrade.

Before proceeding you might want to backup your configuration files/folders located by default at C:\ProgramData\Blue Prism Limited. For you, it might be on your D:\ProgramData\Blue Prism Limited. When installing the Blue Prism software, there is an option to change that default installation path, so you will need to change it from the C: location to your 😧 location. After doing this, Blue Prism should detect the older version and perform the upgrade. 

Since you are new, keep in mind, this just upgrades the client and you will still have to upgrade the database through the client in order to perform a true upgrade. If you have already done this and just want to change the installation path, then you would have to uninstall Blue Prism and reinstall with the step mentioned above to change the path. Do note, you might need to delete that old directory on the 😧 to have it be overwritten. 

I hope that helps get your system setup correctly.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Gabe Marquez
Technical Support Engineer
Blue Prism

Thanks Gabe for your quick response.

I am still in the planning stage of the upgrade.

I can see the option to change the installation for a manual install, however I am wanting to deploy to the upgrade to 12 servers using the script:

msiexec /i "BluePrism6.10.0_x64.msi" /QB- ALLUSERS=1

However when I run the script, as mentioned in my original post, it installs to: C:\ProgramData\Blue Prism Limited

Is there a switch, I can add to the script to set it to install to: D:\ Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate

Many Thanks

Neil Tyson

Hi Neil,

Yes, you can use msiexec /i "msi path" TARGETDIR="C:\myfolder" /qb

Gabe Marquez
Technical Support Engineer
Blue Prism

Thanks again Gabe,

That didn't quite work but with a little tinkering I have managed to get the script to work using:

MSIEXEC.EXE /I "BluePrism6.10.1_x64.msi" INSTALLFOLDER="D:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate" /qb

Hopefully this may be of use for other users.

Kind Regards

Neil Tyson