cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Session Warnings

JamesWilliams1
Level 4
Hi, I was wondering if anybody could tell me if there is an option to allow BP to alert if a processes is taking a long time to complete (or is stuck). I'm guessing the option would be to enable the default session warning time, but how does it actually alert you?

Thanks in advance

------------------------------
James Williams
Developer
Engie
Europe/London
3 REPLIES 3

RaúlHernández
Level 5
I think in BP current version 6.6 is not possible to set that configuration in the GUI.

But, If you want to solve it, you can do the following:
+ Create a DB connection to retrieve data from BP server DataBase.
+ Create a process that run a query to retrieve the runtime resource status.
+ Send an Email Notification of the "Warning" state found.

Plus
+ Execute a "Reboot" script to get the runtime resource ready to recover from the last pending queue item, or to process the next workload.

Raul Mojica
RPA Developer
Millicom
America/El_Salvador
+50372018312

BrentonWestwood
Level 5
I have setup a process that is run hourly (could be more frequent) to look for such issues and send an email about issues occurring in the environment (or other environments).   Here are my queries to get the Count of issues where a Warning is being shown for a process run (now update for the process in over 5 minutes - like the as seen on the System Setting ​screen in Blue Prism).

' ************ Possible Frozen Sessions ************

-- Count of Possible Frozen Sessions (warning status - no stage updates in over 5 minutes)

SELECT COUNT(*) AS RESULT 
FROM dbo.BPVSessionInfo INNER JOIN dbo.BPAStatus ON dbo.BPVSessionInfo.statusid = dbo.BPAStatus.statusid
WHERE dbo.BPVSessionInfo.enddatetime IS NULL
AND DATEDIFF(minute,dbo.BPVSessionInfo.lastupdated, SYSDATETIME()) > 5

-- Details

SELECT
dbo.BPVSessionInfo.processname AS Process,
dbo.BPVSessionInfo.starterresourcename AS Resource,
dbo.BPAStatus.description AS Status,
FORMAT(dbo.BPVSessionInfo.startdatetime, 'MM-d-yyyy hh:mm:ss tt') AS [Start Date Time],
FORMAT(dbo.BPVSessionInfo.enddatetime, 'MM-d-yyyy hh:mm:ss tt') AS [End Date Time],
dbo.BPVSessionInfo.laststage AS [Latest Stage],
FORMAT(dbo.BPVSessionInfo.lastupdated, 'MM-d-yyyy hh:mm:ss tt') AS [Stage Started],
DATEDIFF(minute,dbo.BPVSessionInfo.lastupdated, SYSDATETIME()) AS [Minutes Since Last Stage Update]
FROM dbo.BPVSessionInfo INNER JOIN dbo.BPAStatus ON dbo.BPVSessionInfo.statusid = dbo.BPAStatus.statusid
WHERE dbo.BPVSessionInfo.enddatetime IS NULL
AND DATEDIFF(minute,dbo.BPVSessionInfo.lastupdated, SYSDATETIME()) > 5
ORDER BY dbo.BPVSessionInfo.startdatetime DESC, [End Date Time], Resource, Process, Status

Brenton Westwood
Systems Analyst
Southern Company

Thanks Brenton, this was very helpful!

Annie C
Robotics Senior Developer
Europe/Helsinki