cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePoint List Skill

MounikaBanda
Level 2
Hi,
When i try to extract data from a list in Share point for the field type- Person or group, I get it's Id but not the value in the extracted collection. Is there any way to get it's value or map the id to it's value?
Thanks in Advance!

------------------------------
Mounika Banda
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Mounika - overall, there are several issues when trying to extract info from a sharepoint list in the person or group field. When you say you are getting the values, what do you actually see? Is it the email addresses or NT id's? Or, are you expecting to see full names? The later might not be possible since the raw data could only point to the IDs.

Keep us posted.

Alexander Marlowe
Blue Prism
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Mounika - overall, there are several issues when trying to extract info from a sharepoint list in the person or group field. When you say you are getting the values, what do you actually see? Is it the email addresses or NT id's? Or, are you expecting to see full names? The later might not be possible since the raw data could only point to the IDs.

Keep us posted.

Alexander Marlowe
Blue Prism
Blue Prism

Hi Alexander - I was expecting email addresses instead of the IDs. I was able to extract email address using ODATA Query - 
getbytitle(ListName)/items?$select=ID,EmployeeName/EMail&$expand=EmployeeName/ID.

Thanks!

Mounika Banda

Thanks for letting us know Mounika! I've had experience where usually you get an email alias and getting the email address requires a couple of steps or data wrangling. I'm glad you could figure it out with the ODATA query!

Good luck with your project!

Alexander Marlowe
Blue Prism
Blue Prism