Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort and filter an collection an copy results to a new collection

klausbergh
Level 2
Hi

I had tried almost i think, but i can't figure out to do the following

I have a collection with 3 columns. What i want is to search each row in country column, and get the rows that match ex "dk" in this. These rows should be copied to another collection

Can anyone give me a clue about how to proceed
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Klaus,

The easiest approach is to go with a pre-built action called "Filter Collection" from "Utility - Collection Manipulation". You need to provide the Input Collection having the county column and then you can write a simple filter query like: "[County Column Name] = 'DK'" and store the output of this action in an Output Collection.

You can refer to the below workflow for more details:

36729.png

Input Collection:

36730.png

Filter Action Used:

36731.png

Output Collection:

36732.png

Please let us know if it resolves your query and mark it as the best answer if it does so that other people can track the answer easily!

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

----------------------------------

klausbergh
Level 2
Hi Thank you. 

It dosen't work on my end i get this error.
I load data from another page collection. In both collections i have the same columns, but looks like it can't find the column2

36733.png
36734.png

Hi Klaus,

Can you also show us the schema of the collections: OU Data and Coll1. If I am correct you are trying to filter from the collection OU Data and are storing the results in the Coll1 collection. 

Please provide us the screenshot of the schema of both the collections which are input and output to this action so that we can help you better on this.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

----------------------------------

Kishore_KumarDe
Level 4
Your filter condition should just say "[Column2]='DK'". I think you are adding collection name in front of column name.
If my answer provided any assistance, please vote as "Best Answer". Kishore Deka Lead Software Engineer EPAM systems Connect on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/kishoredeka1410/