cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spy many links

JefersonRomão1
Level 3
Dear community

I'm facing a issue a some days , I need to spy many elements and input on word or excel.

This is the cars brand, and the models. Cars brand Its done, but i need to spy all models about all cars bands, I can't do it .

Someone can help me please?

23510.png

------------------------------
Jeferson Romão
4 REPLIES 4

DaveMorris
Level 14
Does that bottom (models etc.) section change as you click different links for the various brands?

If that's the case, then the first thing I'd check is whether the links for the brands have a similar identifier that you could use to loop through. You'd have a loop in the object (not loop stages) that increments a count variable and feed that into a navigate stage that clicks each link. The count variable would go into a dynamic Match Index attribute, so it should click one link after another. Right after clicking the link, you'd have a read stage or a couple read stages to read any links at the bottom of the page. I imagine you'd need a subloop here (again, not referring to loop stages) and hopefully there's some distinction between links at the bottom and links at the top.

I'd try to give you a visual but I can't attach stuff from the domain I'm on right now. If you can, give us some more screenshot of things like the attributes you have available in application modeller when you spy using various spy modes and such. And then it'd be good if you can show various states of that screen such as what happens when you click various car brands.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

AmiBarrett
Level 12
Assuming you know the values ahead of time, you can look for a dynamic label and remove the filter for the path.

If you don't know the values ahead of time.. I wonder if you could pull the data as an HTML table into a collection, then use that as the feeder for your dynamic label.

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

​Depending on the Application you can look at the HTML and sometimes the only thing changing is a DIV by increments. You can then can build a calculation based on this and pass it through Dynamically to spy many fields.

Billy Marsh
Delivery Lead
Computershare
America/Denver

True! That's actually a significantly better approach than what I had proposed due to the speed of finding each item. The only catch is being able to tell ahead of time how many DIVs there are (which may fall back on pulling the data as a collection) so it doesn't go out of bounds.

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX