cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spy mode in application modeller, PDF doesn't work

LorenzoCapocci1
Level 5
Hi,
I am working with a report that will export details only in .pdf format, I able able to start the application modeler to launch it, but I am able to spy it only with the UI option but It is not working
37070.png

as I tried with the others as per some youtube example, and I am getting this error
There was an error during the spying operation.

System.InvalidOperationException: The window spied was not found in the model
at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo& elementType, List`1& identifiers)
at AutomateUI.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

37071.png

would you have directions what happens and how can bypass this, or can you provide details of other available actions for pdf, I was also looking at the Utility - pdf, and seems is not available for downloading in blueprism, but under a different location and quite expensive also..
thank you for your help
8 REPLIES 8

EmersonF
MVP
Hi @LorenzoCapocci1, for what purpose are you trying to map the PDF?​​
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

LorenzoCapocci1
Level 5
Hi @EmersonF
Trying to export details in txt or word or excel ,
​or to be able to read data directly from pdf , but prefer to export the data

attached is an example of data as fyi
thank you

EmersonF
MVP
You can open the PDF file in chrome, click in the middle, select everything and copy, throw this value to a variable and then run a regex to get the information you need

EmersonF
MVP
You can also use the Dechiper-IDP

Decipher-IDP-Brochure-v6_EXTERNAL_12Jun20.pdf (blueprism.com)

LorenzoCapocci1
Level 5
Hi @EmersonF
​ok, but would you know why I am getting this error when trying to spy directly to the PDF adbobe?

System.InvalidOperationException: The window spied was not found in the model
at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo& elementType, List`1& identifiers)
at AutomateUI.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

EmersonF
MVP
Sorry,I never got this scenario, but you can try one of the solutions above

GuggsKia
Level 4
Hey Lorenzo,
Please check this link, the modeller had the same error.
https://www.rpaforum.net/threads/there-was-an-error-during-the-spying-operation-system-applicationexception-the-window-spied-was-not-found-in-the-model.839/

Also, just to make sure your application modeller should launch this at first, then try to spy.
Let know if this helps.

LorenzoCapocci1
Level 5
Thank you @GuggsKia​I found this earlier, but same issue but I am looking at .pdf file
there is a lot of questions in blueprism forum, and seems is not going to be easy! as @EmersonF, mentioned I could try with Decipher, and I am going to give it a try..
the only thing I need to find out how to spy it.. I also found a you tube video to show about spy pdf, but I think there is something not working with rpa !

I wonder if you have tried to do a test to spy pdf with w32 instead of UI tool and if you tried with UI tool what attributes you are leaving checked and does it work?
​thank you both