cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spy the download window

LorenzoCapocci1
Level 5
Hi Team, I would like to ask your help to spy this window with the correct application please..
Currently It is working fine, but I noticed if I have a report that contains loads data, it can take quite a long time to go to the last 2 steps (Save file and OK button), and unfortunately this window is not optional and I must use it.......
Do you have any Idea how to ensure that i can workaround this timing issue for these 3 actions to complete in a manner time when i have big data? or do you have a different spy method I can use? If yes, would you please provide details and possible screen shot of another method that I could use better than I currently do use?

Thank you
I have used to spy the main window using w32 to activate this window
36409.pngthen to focus and click the save file check mark I had no choice but use UI mode
36410.png

same for the OK button I had to use the UI mode (Focus and Click)
36411.png

36412.png
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Lorenzo

I would suggest in the case when you get an error when trying to save the file with large data then set exception handling to control the wait. Catch the exception and check what the exception detail is and if the error is what you expect when the file has large data and the save has timed out then use a wait stage or sleep action and loop back to clicking save after the wait period ends. If the exception is different from the time out error then you can handle that in the normal way. 

36408.png

Hope this helps

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @LorenzoCapocci1 What I understood your problem is if the report contains more data then it takes time to Open the Save Window right?

If that is the case yes you can fix it using Visible property in the application modeler.

But What I know after click in save the file down progress used to see in the tool bar? if that is the case you can wait there till the file downlead completes.​
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

LorenzoCapocci1
Level 5
Hi @_Amlansahoo thank you for coming back to me... basically this window comes up quite quickly, the problem is that it activates the window also quickly, but then when It needs to click the save file and Ok, (UI mode) it takes long time.. and can trigger to error. of course when seemingly there is loads data to download.. otherwise I don't have issues when data to download is not massive. Thank you​

Hi Lorenzo

I would suggest in the case when you get an error when trying to save the file with large data then set exception handling to control the wait. Catch the exception and check what the exception detail is and if the error is what you expect when the file has large data and the save has timed out then use a wait stage or sleep action and loop back to clicking save after the wait period ends. If the exception is different from the time out error then you can handle that in the normal way. 

36408.png

Hope this helps