cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spying elements in PDF using Chrome browser using surface automation does not seem to persist

JohnMonastra
Level 3
I have been attempting to perform OCR reading of a PDF document loaded in Chrome and have had a very frustrating time of it.  I am able to spy the document using surface automation techniques and able to successfully read the spied elements in the document using the "Read Text with OCR". However, if I close out of the business object used to interact with the document, or shut down the PDF document and reopen it, I receive the following message on all of the elements I previously was able to spy: Error - Highlighting results - Cannot find region identified as an image. Also, I know the browser window and zoom % must remain consistent with how it was when originally spied and I have ensured that it is. I am using BP version 6.4... Any thoughts?
2 REPLIES 2

InJoeKhor
Staff
Staff
Hi John,

It sounds like when you close the PDF and reopen it, you may not attach the document to the spying mechanism anymore. That's why it is giving you an error not unable to find the region identified. You want to make sure you save the spying elements before you exist the surface automation.  You could set the position to "anywhere", which will force Blue Prism to hunt around the entire window for your element. 

Hope this help.

Thanks,

------------------------------
In Joe Khor
Sr. Product Consultant
Blue Prism
In Joe Khor Sr. Product Consultant Blue Prism

Hi, John Monastra.

You can try to do the following steps:

1. Download PDF from Chrom.
  2. Read PDF Text (Using any method you want: pre-built vbo from DX, Python scripts, general web .bat, general web vbo).

I Look that would be an easy and clean way to read the text from the PDF.

17251.jpg

------Original Message------

Hi John,

It sounds like when you close the PDF and reopen it, you may not attach the document to the spying mechanism anymore. That's why it is giving you an error not unable to find the region identified. You want to make sure you save the spying elements before you exist the surface automation.  You could set the position to "anywhere", which will force Blue Prism to hunt around the entire window for your element. 

Hope this help.

Thanks,

In Joe Khor
Sr. Product Consultant
Blue Prism