cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Automation - Resolution problem

SebastianSolbri
Level 2
Hello everybody, I am currently working on a RPA automation to handle SAP on a virtual SAP Desktop. The Screenshots I took on the clientscreen have the resolution 1920x1080 (see the attachment). My aim is it to let Blue Prism find the SAP-Logon shortcut and let it click on it. If I use the FullHD picture and set up a region Blue Prism is able to "click" on it. But what if the client computer doesnt have the same settings as mine?! I was wondering whether Blue Prism is able to find a region that was made on a 1920x1080 picture, if you load in the same picture but this time sized 1600x900. Actually it didnt work. I am asking myself what would be the best solution to settle up regions via the applicaion manger so that the region can be found on the client computer even if it is using another resolution. Do you guys have any idea? Thanks in advance And best regards Sebastian
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
You should use the same resolution to model the application and to run the process in Prod. Otherwise it will be very, very difficult and more or less impossible to create a robust solution.

SebastianSolbri
Level 2
Hi, that is what I expected. So there is really no solution for that? For example capturing the process in a lower quality (1600x900) and try to let blue prism find the region on a FullHD screenshot? So if the client uses 1600x900 on his desk blue prism finds it anyway and if he uses FullHD the region can be find too because of the ""better"" solution? Meaning downsampleing works? Any experience with that? Greetings!

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
No I've no experience of that, but I know working at different resolutions is almost certain to fail - you're modelling one image at design time and trying to match it with a different image at runtime.

DennisWestphal
Level 2
Dear Sebastian,

did you solve the resolution-issue?

Try to access SAP-Logon directly with the application modeller. You just need to enter the path - for example: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\saplogon.exe

Kind Regards
Dennis

------------------------------
Dennis Westphal
Business Analyst
HDI Service AG
Europe/Berlin
------------------------------