cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The caller was not authenticated by the service - Connect to BP Server

KonstantinosVog
Level 4
Hi all, I have an issue when trying to connect to the BP Server from the Runtime Resource. (BP version v6.3.0) What I have : - 'WCF - SOAP with Message Encryption & Windows Authentication' connection mode - Port 8199 is open and available from Application Server side - I managed to connect to the BP Server from 2 specific laptops (2 specific IPs), but I can't connect from the rest of the machines I am getting 'The caller was not authenticated by the service', which obviously has to do with authentication part of the connection. But how am I able to connect from some of the IPs and from some other not? (they are all in the same VLAN) Note: I tried temporarily to switch the connection mode to 'WCF - Insecure' and the connection from all the machines was fine, but obviously I can't use this type of connection in a enterprise environment. Any ideas? I would really appreciate your feedback on this one. Thanks, Konstantinos Vogiatzakis  
4 REPLIES 4

MikeMiller
Level 3
Would like to hear the solution to this.  We have a similar issue.

AnthonyCamargo
Level 3
Hi everyone, I'm also currently getting the same error. I, unfortunately, am not able to connect with any interactive clients or runtime resources. I'm able to get it running using .net remoting insecure/secure and using wcf insecure. Have you guys found any solutions to the problem? Error Message: System.ServiceModel.Security.SecurityNegotiationException: The caller was not authenticated by the service. ---> System.ServiceModel.FaultException: The request for security token could not be satisfied because authentication failed. Thanks, Anthony

SandeepKutwal
Level 4
Anyone got solution for the issue  ""The caller was not authenticated by the service "" ?

Hi, Anthony, how are you doing :)? Do you have runtimes and BP Application Server in the same domain? Or at least in Trusted domains (both ways) - not sure if it matters if you can connect with insecure option. Did you try our trick with BP Application Server - creating another connection which will use the Windows Service and sign in through the Windows Service option? Original query - k.vogiatzakis - this is really strange, my only recommendation at this moment would be to upgrade/downgrade to another version as I know that 6.3.0 is not the best release. Zdenek