RukuI_Anson
Level 3
Hi everyone

in the exercises i am completing i have had to create a:
- launch
- navigate menu
- input order
- order confirmation

The instructions say to create a time-out stage to check that the BO exists.

On the Launch page the time-out is at the end of the process-flow, but the instructions mention the time out is needed when you first go to that page.

Should the time-out be at the beginning of the new next page or the end of the current page?

Many thanks.
Ruku

------------------------------
Ruku I'Anson
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

HarpreetKaur
Level 7

HI Ruku,

Ideally, it doesn't harm to have a time-out or "Check-Exists" stage at the beginning and end of a page in an object.
The idea is, when it's used in the end you're ensuring that you've navigated to or landed on the right page after performing some button clicks or launch operations.

By having it at the start of each page, the timeout/check-exists stage will ensure that you're starting at the right page or if there's some button you need to click, if it exists on that page. if yes, then all is well. if not then it times out gracefully right at the beginning without proceeding on what can be a wasted effort.

In case of including it on the Launch page, you can use this Time-out stage to check if you're already on the HomePAge and if that returns a true you don't have to go ahead and launch the application. Can save the bot those couple mins of effort. This logic usually helps when you're dealing with a continuously running automations and need to have target applications open constantly.

hope this helps.

Harpreet Kaur

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

HarpreetKaur
Level 7

HI Ruku,

Ideally, it doesn't harm to have a time-out or "Check-Exists" stage at the beginning and end of a page in an object.
The idea is, when it's used in the end you're ensuring that you've navigated to or landed on the right page after performing some button clicks or launch operations.

By having it at the start of each page, the timeout/check-exists stage will ensure that you're starting at the right page or if there's some button you need to click, if it exists on that page. if yes, then all is well. if not then it times out gracefully right at the beginning without proceeding on what can be a wasted effort.

In case of including it on the Launch page, you can use this Time-out stage to check if you're already on the HomePAge and if that returns a true you don't have to go ahead and launch the application. Can save the bot those couple mins of effort. This logic usually helps when you're dealing with a continuously running automations and need to have target applications open constantly.

hope this helps.

Harpreet Kaur

Kia Ora Harpreet

Thank you for that explanation.

Regards
Ruku

Ruku I'Anson