cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout error when trying to perform an acquire lock

LucasSilva
Level 4
Hello,

I'm currently having a problem when trying to perform the acquire lock action (Enviorment Locking), when I try to execute the action it crashes and returns a timeout error, if I set a waiting time limit it stays still for the specified time and then passes by the action without generating a lock token.

I already had this error before in a development environment and the only solution I found was to change the name of the automation queue, the error this time is happening in a production environment and therefore this solution is not one of the best, I accept suggestions on what to do do to try to resolve.

The automation that is showing this error, was running previously without showing any problems, and now it started showing after months of running, even without having undergone any recent changes.

My action is configured as follows:

26506.png

I've currently tried:

• Restart the machine that was running;
  • Redo action configuration;

------------------------------
Lucas Silva
RPA Developer
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

BohyonHwang
Level 9
Changing name will work well, then the original name must be left abnormally locked.
Why don't you review the lock table.
And you will find the lock Name previously used.
Release or delete it.
It should recover this situation.
visit System > Workflow > Environment Locks.

Bohyon Hwang
Director
블루프리즘
Seoul
+82262033950

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BohyonHwang
Level 9
Changing name will work well, then the original name must be left abnormally locked.
Why don't you review the lock table.
And you will find the lock Name previously used.
Release or delete it.
It should recover this situation.
visit System > Workflow > Environment Locks.

Bohyon Hwang
Director
블루프리즘
Seoul
+82262033950

PRASANTHM
Level 5

Hi Lucas,

26501.png

Once your task is completed, you should release the respective token, or else at a given specific time another BOT can't get the new token (Blank Token)

26502.png

Thanks
Prasanth
Software Engineer | RPA Developer
Thanks Prasanth Software Engineer | RPA Developer

Thanks Bohyon Hwang,

Your tip to check the current locks helped me, that was the problem, even with a release lock stage for some reason it kept blocked, and when checking all the locks it was possible to see that the queue was still blocked.

If someone goes through this in the future, it's good to remember to check that the screen with all the locks doesn't have any filters, this could leave the lock "camouflaged".

Lucas Silva
RPA Developer