cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to attach to Application when launched as another user

PatrickOttery1
Level 4
I have a need to launch an application (internet explorer) as another user. This is easy enough to do, using either a command prompt, or via powershell, but once the application is launched, I am not able to attach to it. I've tried all manner of attach parameters, but always get the message "Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Attach' on page 'Attach to IE' - More than one application matched the criteria" I believe this message is misleading as not matter what I supply as parameters (even if I supply a child index  reference to force a match), I cannot get anything to attach and get the same message. This appear to be a limitation of Blue Prism that I simply cannot work around, but I would appreciate any assistance in case I am doing something wrong. FYI, I am using v5.0.24.0  
3 REPLIES 3

MelissaSuarez_G
Level 6
I tried to do the same thing to access websites configured with single sign on, and I had the same problem as you. What I ended up doing was changing the configuration of Internet Explorer to always prompt for username and password. Then I use send keys to enter the credentials. Internet Options > Security > Custom Level > Scroll down and you'll see the option called "Prompt for username and password"

PatrickOttery1
Level 4
Thanks Melissa, I'll add that to the list of potential workarounds.

Run BP as a admin.

------------------------------
Thomas Sun
------------------------------