cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open URL on Chrome in Control Room

AlejandroAragon
Level 2
Dear RPA-Leaders

I'm running a process on Google Chrome, which opens a web application and downloads data from it. It is running properly on the development environment, unfortunately whenever I run it in with one of the runtime resources in the production environment (either in control room or scheduled) I come across a Chrome error screen and the browser wont open the URL. 

I've seen this type of issue elsewhere: trying to launch url from chrome or firefox getting error, my case is similar with the following string showing before my-target-URL: http://127.0.0.1:0/?targetURL=my-target-URL .Tried the solution, System > Settings > Browser Extension Connectivity > Tick, it gets rid of thehttp://127.0.0.1: but still wont open my-target-URL. I'm running on BluePrism 6.8, Chrome Version 88.0.4324.104.

Chrome screen upon execution in production environment:
Any help would be much appreciated,
Regards
Aragon
2 REPLIES 2

JohnCowell
Staff
Staff
Hi Aragon,

did you manage to resolve your issue? If not, try the different methods described in the KB article Why can't I attach to my Chromium browser when using ephemeral ports? depending on whether you have the ephemeral ports flag enabled. If this still doesn't work please consider raising a ticket for further investigation.
John Cowell Senior Software Support Analyst Blue Prism

DaveMorris
Level 14
For the local 127 address, I would say not to worry too much about that showing up because it's normal for Blue Prism to do that. If I don't know why it does, but I can confirm it does this in 6.8, 6.9, 6.10, and 6.10.1. It should go from the 127 address to then navigating to your target URL.

The screenshot you posted doesn't show for me. If you pasted it into the forum post, you may want to try the button 'Insert/edit Image' and try putting the image in that way. I have this problem a lot where I realize my pasted image doesn't show in the forum post.

When you say it works in the development environment, does it work when run from Control Room or do you typically only run it in debug mode (in process studio)?

Also, if you are able to get temporary access to try opening the object in the Production environment on the Runtime Resource machine, I think it'd be worth troubleshooting it to see if stepping through in process studio/object studio works or not.

For the Blue Prism Browser Extension Connectivity setting (ephemeral ports), did you restart the runtime resource machine after checking the setting? I believe the entire machine requires a restart before the setting takes effect on any particular RR.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA