cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to spy with any mode

GilbertoLopez
Level 3
​Hi everybody, i'm working with a web site in wich i have to fill a form, but there's a lot of text fields in this form, when i want to spy with HTML mode it's not posible to spy any element , i've been trying with accesibility mode, region mode even win32 mode but it's not posible. i tried to open aplication navigator to see all the elements in this page but after more than 2 hours loading i get an error on spying. Could someone help me or give me some ideas to identify this website. For confidenciality on my client is not posible for me to share a screenshot of this system. It's important mention that we're working with 5.0.24.0 versión.

Thanks!

------------------------------
Gilberto Lopez
Application Development Analyst
Accenture
America/Mexico_City
11 REPLIES 11

MayurGangrade
Level 4
Sometimes Automation Software do not work with few web interfaces(Silverligt etc).
As a workaround you can always use send keys.

Mayur Gangrade
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
HSBC
Asia/Kolkata

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Gilberto - some basic checks:

Are you using Internet Explorer?
Is the object properly attached for HTML mode - do you see any green highlighting when you move the mouse?
If you do a 'View Source' via IE, does the code look like basic HTML, or could the page actually be Silver light as Mayur is thinking, or even Java?

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi Mayur, i was thinking in that workaround but there's a big risk because i dont know  wich ​field i'm interacting with. I think maybe one option is using java script method.

Gilberto Lopez
Accenture
America/Mexico_City

​Hi John, yes i'm using IE and im using HTML mode but when highlight the elements is slowly, so when i identify an element it shows the element attributes after more than an hour or simply shows error on spying. We're reviewing the code and we think that maybe is because there's a lot of catalogs hardcoded.
As a Workaround i'm trying with JavaScript functions and it seems its working.

Gilberto Lopez
Accenture
America/Mexico_City

Yes, I have run into the same issue before. I hate to say it but there seems to be no work around on this kind of issue. As you said, sending key strokes is a massive risk. Simply keeping a specific sequence is not going to work, any unexpected interruption can totally break your process and there is no way to verify this.

Eric Liu
RPA Developer
Fidelity Investment Canada
America/Toronto

SachinJagdale
Level 4
Yes, I went through the same issue earlier. It was FLEX based website and i was totally failed to automate that process.

Sachin J
RPA Modeler
BNY Mellon Technology, India
Asia/Kolkata

Amit_KumarSahoo
Level 4
Hi, You can check the attributes of the element you want to spy. The Path and ID are the most fastest attribute to identify any web element. But if those are dynamic its very difficult to identify that element in AM.

Amit Kumar Sahoo
Assistant Software System Engineer Trainee
TCS
Asia/Kolkata

GauravYadav
Level 2
Hi Gilberto,

it may be the underlying website may be of Silverlight or flex based I think you need to work with region mode and send keys,

Thanks

Gaurav Yadav
Tech Lead
Tech Mahindra
Europe/London

In this case, try to spy the element using INSPECT method  Cntrl+Shift+i

Prasanth Chirukuri
RPA Developer
Zettamine