cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to to login (pw expired) Blue Prism Learning Edition 6.6

SorenPedersen
Level 2
Hi Blue Prism,

I'm unable to login to the Learning Edition where I believe that the free license still should be valid.

A months ago, I succecfully installed and activated Blue Prism Learning Edition 6.6 (BluePrismLearning6.6.msi) and completed 9 of the 10 Labs in the Blue Prism Basic Training.

The 90-day free Blue Prism Licence Key was issued 21-OCT-2019

I'm now trying to reconnect to the application to continue training. However, I'm not able to login anymore using the admin/admin credentians.
After typing the admin user name a reminder shows that the pw expired 20-NOV-2019 (30 days after first login)
Login failed. The username or password supplied were not valid. Please try again10845.png

------------------------------
Soren Pedersen
6 REPLIES 6

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello Soren,

Thank you for your question.

When you setup Blue Prism Learning Edition, you will have provided a password of your choosing.

Username: admin

Password requirements: At least 8 characters, at least 1 upper case and 1 lower case character and at least 1 number

10832.jpg

Chris Strong
Product Owner
Blue Prism

Hello Soren,

After re-reading your post and one of my colleagues sharing some thoughts, here is an update to my previous response. 

Update:

The default password validity period is 4 weeks, so although the license may still be valid your password may have expired.

The message "The username or password supplied were not valid. Please try again" is what is shown if you entered an incorrect combination of username and password.  You would have set up an admin password initially at setup – you would have been prompted to change the password on the first successful login after expiry.

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting back so quickly. And if I can't recall the pw, how do I reset it?

Thanks.

Soren Pedersen

Hello Soren,

My apologies for the delayed response, I'd missed this then was out of the office for the holidays.

There is a knowledge base article for you to follow: How do I reset my Blue Prism admin password?

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism

Hi Chris,

While installation, Admin password (Image you have mentioned above) page is not populating for me.
Its directly going to Passcode page. And i tried to uninstall and reinstall the application multiple times.

Banu Selvaraj

Hello Banu,

I assume you are at the Sign in to Blue Prism screen within the application (screenshot below).  If so, this mean you have already progressed past defining a password and simply need to login using the admin username with the password you set.

Note: We deliberately do not clear the database on an uninstall and reinstall so that Trial and Learning Edition users do not accidentally delete their data.

If you have forgotten your password, then you have a couple of options:

1. If you have setup your database and want to get back in, follow the steps in: How do I reset my Blue Prism 'Admin' password?
  2. If you haven't setup your database and haven't yet used your license, then follow the steps in: How do I clear my Blue Prism Trial or Learning Edition database?

10842.png

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism