cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to write User ID and Password in DOM input html - Doesn't enable Submit button in Chrome (Airtable)

Mohammed_ImranK
Level 2
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to do a simple sign-in on https://airtable.com/login but the problem is when I do a write from Object Studio on User ID and Password , it puts the ID and password there but the Sign-In button keeps greyed out (disabled) due to which it doesn't do a signin. When I manually click on ID or password, both gets erased out. See screen shot below: Could you please help here.. much appreciated. I am learning Blueprism 🙂

Login screen with disabled sign-in (greyed button) when it is ran from Object Studio:
26084.png

(below) Whereas if I manually input the ID and password, the Sign in becomes enabled (blue button). See below:

26085.png

Modeller: (Username field)
26086.png
Modeller: Password:

26087.png
Modeller: Sign Button
26088.png
Write properties: Password:

26089.png

Sign in button - Navigate: (Click)

26090.png

------------------------------
Mohammed Imran Khan
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

TimGrassam
Staff
Staff
Hi 

Although the Blue Prism 'Write' stage has been entered into the fields correctly, the application hasn't registered an 'event' to enable the sign in button.  This isn't uncommon, particularly in web applications.

In such instances you will need to trigger an 'event'. 

In your example, I would recommend the following:

- Spy the Main Window in Win32 mode (use this to ensure it is in focus via Activate Application)
- Ensure the cursor is in the e-mail field (my basic test suggests it is there on launch)
- Use Global Send Keys to enter the username
- Use Global Send Keys to Tab on to the password field
- Use Global Send Keys to enter the Password

The above should enable the sign in button.

Here is a very basic example to get you started:

26054.png

26055.png

26056.png
You may find you have to use this technique once you get further into the application.

Good Luck!

Tim Grassam
Consulatant
Blue Prism
Europe/London

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

SharazKM
Level 4
Hi Imran ,

may i know the action you are using for writing the credentials ??

Sharaz KM
Senior RPA Consultant
EY
Europe/London

Hello Sharaz,

Thanks for taking out time and responding.

Here you go > I am using Write Action - see screenshots below:

26023.png
Write Properties:
26024.png

and then the data item which stores the password:

26025.png
Similar action for Putting the user ID. (just that the type is text while entering User id and when it is password, the type is password).

Mohammed Imran Khan

Hi Imran ,

may i know the browser you are using for automating as i can see the url is not supported in IE 

Best Regards,
Sharaz Km

Sharaz KM
Senior RPA Consultant
EY
Europe/London

Hi Sharaz,

I am using Google Chrome (Version 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and my OS is Windows 10 Home

26043.png

Mohammed Imran Khan

TimGrassam
Staff
Staff
Hi 

Although the Blue Prism 'Write' stage has been entered into the fields correctly, the application hasn't registered an 'event' to enable the sign in button.  This isn't uncommon, particularly in web applications.

In such instances you will need to trigger an 'event'. 

In your example, I would recommend the following:

- Spy the Main Window in Win32 mode (use this to ensure it is in focus via Activate Application)
- Ensure the cursor is in the e-mail field (my basic test suggests it is there on launch)
- Use Global Send Keys to enter the username
- Use Global Send Keys to Tab on to the password field
- Use Global Send Keys to enter the Password

The above should enable the sign in button.

Here is a very basic example to get you started:

26054.png

26055.png

26056.png
You may find you have to use this technique once you get further into the application.

Good Luck!

Tim Grassam
Consulatant
Blue Prism
Europe/London

[RESOLVED] Hey Tim,

It worked like wonders. I had tried sending Global keys but it was not responding at all. WIn32 mode was really good and I will study more on it where an all this can be used.

Thank you so much. I am currently doing a LinkedIn learning course (self paced) and will come back here if I encounter any issues. Sigh of relief for now.

Much Appreciated.

Mohammed Imran Khan

Great news!

For info - any global command requires the application to be in focus as global commands are effectively replicating pressing the keyboard or clicking the mouse.

Spying the outer window in Win32 is always worthwhile.  As well as allowing you to Activate Application, it also allows you to do many other things with window e.g. maximise, minimise, resize, move etc..

Good luck with your learning.

Tim Grassam
Consulatant
Blue Prism
Europe/London