cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Application Delphi and IntraWeb - Objects no longer work

DeborahParfitt
Level 3

Hello

Our 3rd party has updated a core web application, from Delphi 6 with IntraWeb 4 to the latest version. Although the functionality has not changed, and the same buttons, tabs, fields, menus etc are still available, there are some "cosmetic differences". Examples are as follows:

• Colour schemes on pages
  • Unchecked check boxes are grey and their labels are to the right.
  • Tabs look slightly different: no rounded edges.
  • Buttons do not have beveled edges.
  • Grids have a background color of white instead of beige.
  • Some grids are changed to an "advance" grid type and look slightly different. For example, column headers are fixed at the top of the grid and always display, even when scrolling.

While regression testing, our application objects do not work for multiple actions with error message "…No elements match the supplied query terms"

Before I go off and re-spy 100's of fields, am I missing something that I should check first?

Many thanks

------------------------------
Deborah Parfitt
RPA Developer
BNPParibas PF UK
Europe/London
5 REPLIES 5

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @DeborahParfitt,

The cosmetic changes could hide more advanced changes in the underlying DOM of the page. I'd start with one single UI element that presents an error now, create a new element definition for it, spy that one new element, and then compare what you have previously in terms of the ​attributes and see what's changed.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

Hi Eric

Thanks for the response.  I have highlighted 2 UI elements, which I know fail.

The difference is in the ID attribute. The current version has a value of cmdSignon, new version has a value of CMDSIGNON. 
For the 2nd UI element the ID attribute has a value of txtPassword, while the new version has a value of TXTPASSWORD. 

Is it case sensitive?

Many thanks

Debbie

Deborah Parfitt
RPA Developer
BNPParibas PF UK
Europe/London

Hi Debbie,

I didn't think it was, but I'm checking with some much smarter people to make sure. I'll let you know when I have an answer.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Blue Prism

Hi Debbie,

Apologies for the delay. Yes, the equals match condition is case sensitive as it uses String.Compare() behind the scenes. So it looks like you'll need to change those matches to account for the change to upper case IDs. Alternatively, you could change to Regular Expression matches and supply a case insensitive regex. It would take a little more work on your part, but if Delphi happened to switch back to camel case or lower case with another update you wouldn't have to go through this whole exercise again.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Blue Prism

Thank you Eric.

Now I know for sure why it is not working and good advice on the using a regular expression to future proof.  I will test on a couple of UI elements to see how easy it is to do first.

Many thanks

Debbie

Deborah Parfitt
RPA Developer
BNPParibas PF UK
Europe/London