cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAppLauncher.exe to launch TIBCO Spotfire

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I'm attempting to incorporate a TIBCO Spotfire report into my process. I am forced to use a VAppLauncher.exe program due to organization restrictions. When I try to identify the Spotfire application using the Application Modeller (screen shot of setting attached) all I can get the program to do is launch, and then it doesn't recognize that the program is attached (Unable to spy - highlight button grayed out). If I click the attach button in the app modeler, all it does is launch another Spotfire report (still not attached). I have also tried to setup the application modeler to "My application will already be running - I want to attach to existing instance" (see attached for settings). When I do this, I'm able to launch the program but when I select launch, I get the error - "Error - Failed to launch application - Timed out waiting for pipe connection". What I believe it is doing is attaching to the AppLauncher instead of the Spotfire program. Does anyone have any experience with this or have any ideas on how to resolve it? Thank you, Ryan
2 REPLIES 2

IvanGordeyev
Level 5
From your post and looking in the popular search engine, I can see that you have two separate applications. You need to have two objects: - One object to launch the application via VAppLauncher. - the other to attach to an exe process/window of an actual application.

Prasanna_Kumar1
Level 4
You application is not running on the machine. Its running Microsoft virtual environment. I think you need to use surface automation.