cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait Stage Error: AMI Error Occurred in WaitStart Stage

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to get Internet Explorer to open a specific URL and then wait until the document on the page is fully loaded, however I am receiving an error that says, "Internal : AMI error occurred in WaitStart Stage 'Wait1' on page 'N: Launch Internet Explorer' - Subquery must be followed by one of '=', '=', '', '%=' '^=' '$='" The condition of the wait stage is for the HTML spy element to wait until the parent document is loaded.
5 REPLIES 5

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
is one of your attribute match types not = (is it dynamic, wildcard, regex, etc) - and if so what value are you passing to it.

CC
Level 2
I have a similiar issue when launching SAP. In my case it happens when I go to the wait stage from a recovery/resume stage.

JesperHededam
Level 3
I'm getting the same problem. I have another element of type Dynamic, which is receiving is getting its input.

MorganLester
Level 2
We are having this same issue, however, none of the attributes are dynamic.  We have gotten this error in HTML and UIA mode.  Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Hi Dennis,

Long time since this issue popped up. It is happening to myself and while googling found this, updating with more info that wasn't put here. and potential solution

tl;dr : looks like when using wait stages the use of curly braces escapes the wildcard character (at least in my case it did)

16358.png
here is the error, as mentioned happens in a wait stage.

here is what is being passed in the app modeller
16359.png
the app modeller can see the element just fine but when the wait stage runs it throws the error. If I use any other stage like navigate or read/write they all work fine too. The only stage that has an issue is the wait stage when waiting on this element. 

To remedy this in my case I was able to remove one of the curly braces in the app modeller on the right and that resolved the issue. Removing the one on the left did not work which makes me think the curly brace on the right escapes the '*' in some way when fed to a wait stage

Feel like this should be logged as a bug if I understand the machination correctly?

Dexter

------------------------------
Dexter Whelan
Senior Developer/Mentor
SAS
Europe/London
------------------------------