cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What format is the screenshot stored in the database?

qingwen.li
Level 3

hello,

I hope everything is all right.

What format is the screenshot stored in the database?
Base64 or binary? Or other formats.

Any comments from you are appreciated!

26362.png

It is very appreciated your kind reply.

Thanks in advance.

Qingwen.li

------------------------------
qingwen li
5 REPLIES 5

Carl__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Qingweb Li,

The screen capture is encrypted using the Default Encryption Scheme before storing in the BPAScreenshot table. I guess the format before encrypting would be Base64, but would have to test.

Carl Carter
Senior Developer
Blue Prism
Europe/London

For the same picture, the base64 parsed by the code is inconsistent with the base64 stored in the BP database. And the base64 I parsed can be parsed into screenshots normally.

I thought the storage format was Base64. However, I found that it seemed that it had been encrypted, and I could not correctly parse the data in the database into screenshots.
Is there any solution....

Thanks in advance.

Qingwen.li

qingwen li

For the same picture, the base64 parsed by the code is inconsistent with the base64 stored in the BP database. And the base64 I parsed can be parsed into screenshots normally.

I thought the storage format was Base64. However, I found that it seemed that it had been encrypted, and I could not correctly parse the data in the database into screenshots.
Is there any solution....

Thanks in advance.

Qingwen.li

qingwen li

Yes as mentioned in my last response, the image is stored in the database encrypted, so this would need to be decrypted before you could view the file as an image.

If you want to save screenshots, you could always build into your exception handling to take a screenshot. Search the community for 'screenshot' - there is a post containing a screenshot utility you can use for this.

Carl Carter
Senior Developer
Blue Prism
Europe/London

I want to find out the screenshot data in base64 format through SQL so that other systems can parse the base64 data. Is there a solution.
I'm sorry, please forgive me, my English is not very good.

Thanks in advance.

Qingwen.li

qingwen li