cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When resource is offline in control room

SanjeevAre
Level 2
Hi,

I am looking for getting an automated email when resource (VDI) goes offline in Blueprism control room. I would also like to get an email when a process is triggered by scheduler against a resource which is offline in control room. Please let me know if anyone has done it successfully. ​

Thanks
Sanjeev
8 REPLIES 8

KiranAnnangi
Level 3
Hi,

i am not sure whether this will help you but we have done this with an extra bp license. 

a separate bot is developed to monitor all the remaining bots. For resource status you need to connect to database and using a query you can get the BPAResource table data where you can see the resource name, status and all. whenever resource status is offline, missing or warning you can send an email.
not only this we can do a lot more with this bot like monitoring queues, credential expiry dates etc...

this process will be efficient only if there are more bots in production. you can ignore this if you have only one or two bots in prod

------------------------------
Kiran Annangi
Software Engineer
Dxc Technologies
Asia/Kolkata

Hi,

Generally, you need to monitor, using third-party tool,  the Windows Event Logs, of Application Server for the former case, and of VDI for the latter case.

Hope this helps.

Tetsuji Junicho
Manager of RPA Practice Grp.
Accenture Japan
Asia/Tokyo

Hi Kiran, thanks for your reply. This should be useful ​for us.

Controller
Legal&General

Thank you, I am not sure whether we can afford any third party tool. But, thanks for your suggestion.​

Controller
Legal&General

HI Tetsuji Junicho,

When you say Windows event Log in VDI DO you mean monitoring manually? If it is some kind of automation can you elaborate more on that.

Thanks,

Harish kumar
RPA Developer

ShibuTewar
Level 3
Hi,
If you have SPLUNK Tool available in your organization, you can very well use that.
Once you integrate SPLUNK with the Blue Prism Event Log, what you are looking for is possible.
When a resource PC goes offline, is logs it in the Blue Prism Event Logs. like below
Error creating sessions - terminating remaining sessions: BluePrism.Scheduling.ScheduleException: Resource ABCD:0000 is offline - retried 10 times.
You can look for such pattern and generate alerts as well create a real-time dashboard in Splunk to see all resource PC's offline.
Well you need some sort of monitoring tool, to get this done, as out of the box this thing is not available.

Hope this is helpful.

Shibu Tewar
VP
Credit Suisse
Asia/Kolkata

Hi @Harish kumar Mogulluri,

When I say Windows Event Logs on VDI, I mean monitoring the logs by the third-party tool such as Splunk.

Hope this helps.

Tetsuji Junicho
Manager of RPA Practice Grp.
Accenture Japan
Asia/Tokyo

HakanEngman
Level 6

Depending a little bit on your setup. (weather you run one or two ports using login agent) One needs to filter out the "false positives", meaning you will have resouces beeing offline for a while when switching from runtime to LoginAgent and vice versa. 

I guess defining a maximum timeframe is needed. "If a resouce is offline for more than X minutes, trigger a alert action".

Hakan Engman
Automation engineer
Teliacompany.com
Europe/Stockholm