cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Queue Reporting - Get report data Action - Unable to get data with Date and time

VikasJakhotiya1
Level 2

​Greetings,

Scenario Explanation:

My Bot run 4 time a day, at the end of each run I have to send WQ Status report to business for that particular run. For example if my bot ran from 10 AM to 1 PM. I have to send the WQ report for data which are added between this time frame only. Not previous run data for that particular date.

Problem:

I am using Work Queue Reporting - Get report data Action to get the data between this time frame for that particular date. I have created one data item with type as DateTime and passing the value in Loaded Start Date Input in format of MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss tt . When I fetching data after running this action I am getting EMPTY collection.
But same time if I pass Today() value in Loaded Start Date input I am getting data in collection BUT GETTING data for entire day. Which I don't want.

Can someone help me here to right correct format value in Loaded Start Date input field to get data in particular time I needed.

------------------------------
Thanks,
~Vikas
Thanks, ~[FirstName]
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

DaveMorris
Level 14
There are some things that are important to know regarding some of the features you're using. I'm just going to list those here really quick. Let me know if it still doesn't help.
  • The DateTime inputs for the Get Report Data action in the Work Queues object are expecting time in UTC. So, use Utility - Date and Time Manipulation's action 'Local to UTC' on a DateTime beforehand if that was not in UTC already.
  • Today() gets the local Date only but not the time. So, if you put Today() into a DateTime data item, then it will come out to the current date but with a time of 12:00:00 AM (or whatever your locale's times look like).
  • Be sure to note that using the Loaded Start Date input will not pick up items that were simply updated during that time frame. They would have needed to be added to the queue during the time frame.
I imagine you already knew some of these, but I figured I'd list it just in case.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

DaveMorris
Level 14
There are some things that are important to know regarding some of the features you're using. I'm just going to list those here really quick. Let me know if it still doesn't help.
  • The DateTime inputs for the Get Report Data action in the Work Queues object are expecting time in UTC. So, use Utility - Date and Time Manipulation's action 'Local to UTC' on a DateTime beforehand if that was not in UTC already.
  • Today() gets the local Date only but not the time. So, if you put Today() into a DateTime data item, then it will come out to the current date but with a time of 12:00:00 AM (or whatever your locale's times look like).
  • Be sure to note that using the Loaded Start Date input will not pick up items that were simply updated during that time frame. They would have needed to be added to the queue during the time frame.
I imagine you already knew some of these, but I figured I'd list it just in case.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA