cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with Large Excel files.

OlwethuMadikwa1
Level 2
Morning I`m new here excuse me if I post in an incorrect place or manner. I`m working with Large for excel as a result u`d find that production data would not fit in an excel sheet when opening. Total number of rows and columns on a worksheet1,048,576 rows by 16,384 columns. My data then is more than this. How do I work around this because I need it opened in excel then I make use of the MS excel VBO to work with the data.   Regards Olwethu Madikwa RPA Developer.
4 REPLIES 4

OlwethuMadikwa1
Level 2
If any person might have a solution to this i`d very much appreciate..

PatrickOttery1
Level 4
If your data is that large, you'll need to break it up into chunks. If possible, I'd also consider using a SQL database and managing your data through that. Lastly, you could try use an MS Access DB, but it does depend on not just the number of rows, but the amount of data overall.

Hi, this is nonsense, sorry for the word but you will never load this amount of data into Blue Prism collection. Blue Prism is 32 bit application and as such it can reference only around ~1.5 to 1.8Gb RAM. Datatable (collection) use a lot of memory overhead. I successfully loaded around 100.000 rows with 5 columns but Blue Prism got very slow and we discarded this approach. If you could use OLEDB/ODBC that is perfect as you can write a query to your excel file and get just the values you need. If you need help let me know. regards, Zdenek

NagaYaparla
Level 4
Hi.. I have the same issue that My Excel has 65 Columns and 503567 rows, by using MS Excel VBO-->Split Worksheet Action able to split the data, but the output is it is saving in to 4 different Workbook. I want it in the same Workbook with different Worksheet names. If any person might have a solution to this i`d very helpful to me