cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip/Unzip files

Daniel_Sanhueza
Level 8
Hi everyone! I need to zip a group of files in a .zip, this zip has to be encrypted with a password. Also i want to unzip a .zip file into a directory. I want to create that object, and tried to many times, but didnt work. I've looking for this in the forums but all the topics are like "you have to copy and paste this into a code stage but need a reference to a dll", didnt found a step by step on how to do that, and my english is not that good 😞  if you could help me in any way ill be grateful Greetings, Daniel.
Daniel Sanhueza
RPA Professional Developer
Deloitte
5 REPLIES 5

MetVonghiran1
Level 4
Hello, dsanhuezai   I was in the same position you are right now last year.   To create  a zip file with password, I thing you would need program that are specialized in making zip file (7zip, WinZip, etc.) In my case I used WinZip to create a zip file with password. Use ""Utility Environment - Start Process"" and set the following parameter             Application >>> ""C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WZZIP.EXE""                                         ※Please make sure where your zip file making program's exe is at※              Argument >>>  -a -p -r -s"""" """" ""\*.*""                                        ※Replace with a password that you want※                                         ※Replace with a full path of the zip file you want  (ex.D:\Desktop\TEST.zip)※                                         ※Replace with a path of folder where all of the files you want are saved (ex. D:\Source)※  For unzipping the file you could follow the similar approach (use Start Process action) Please try following the link below and try to unzip the file http://www.memecode.com/docs/winzip.html   Regards, Met Vonghiran  

Daniel_Sanhueza
Level 8
Hello and thanks for the quick answer! I did what you post here but with no results For this example, i just created a empty folder to zip it. so, in the arguments i wrote : ""-a -p -r -s '123' ""&[ZipFile]&"" ""&[SourceFolder]&"".*"" i replace the """" for '' in the arguments, because with """" inside, didnt work. I tried to put the complete argument with no """" and no '', but again nothing happened. Think im missing something, but dont know what.   Should i do something else? 
Daniel Sanhueza
RPA Professional Developer
Deloitte

AmiBarrett
Level 12
If you have .NET/Powershell 5 on that box (this is installable if you don't have it), there's a zip command built in to that you can use. An example compression powershell script is below.

Param(
    $source,
    $destination,
    $level,
    $confirm,
    $force,
    $whatif
)

$Params = @{
    Path = $source
    DestinationPath = $destination
};
# = " -Path " + $source

if($level -ne $Null)
{
    #$paramlist += " -CompressionLevel " + $level
    $Params.Add("CompressionLevel",$level);
}
if($confirm -eq "True")
{
    #$paramlist += " -Confirm"
    $Params.Add("Confirm",'');
}
if($force -eq "True")
{
    #$paramlist += " -Force"
    $Params.Add("Force",$force);
}
if($whatif -eq "True")
{
    #$paramlist += " -WhatIf"
    $Params.Add("WhatIf",'');
}

#$paramlist += " -DestinationPath " + $destination

Compress-Archive @Params 
​

MetVonghiran1
Level 4
Hello, dsanhuezai   First thing first, I'm glad that you also happened to be using WinZip as well. I couldn't replicate the error message that you had. but here is how you can troubleshoot it. Create a text file and within that text file please insert following command: ""C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WZZIP.EXE"" -a -p -r -s""password"" ""ZipFilePath"" ""Source_Folder\*.*"" ※Change the password, ZipFilePath, Source_Folder accordingly. ※   ""Save as"" the text file and change the extension to "".bat"" file   Run the bat file (without using BP, just double click on the bat file). This way you can try and see if there's any error message comes up or not.   Please Note that you cannot create a zip file from an empty folder, and your password must be more than 8 characters.   Also, it might be a good idea to try amibarrett's solution (The post above) as well.   Regards, Met Vonghiran    

NielsHansegård
Level 3
Hi.  Great Post!  I'm struggling replicating this code trying to UNZIP files with password using WZUNZIP.exe.  Any idea how to create the code when trying to unzip a zip file?  Also, i have tried to create a code;  @echo off set yourZipPassword=[password] set yourFolderPath=[location] for /R "%location%" %%I in ("*.zip") do (   "C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZUNZIP.exe" x -sPassword -y -o"%%~dpI" "%%~fI"  )   But the command promt returns; ERROR: missing suboption in option y   Thanks!