cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore overwritten process

SurajJadhav
Level 5
Hello guys, I have a small problem. I have imported a process , already one process is present with same name and i have overwrite the old process with new one by mistake , now i am trying to restore the old process, is there anybody who can help me how can i do this..?? thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Armando_Antonio
Level 3
In the Studio tab select the process in question. check the Version history of changes (Right Side). Select/highlight 2 of the rows in in the grid and right-Click on them. Basically select the new change and the old one. Select Compare option In the new Windows, you will see a kind of comparison window in there select File Menu, select the Export Right or Left Side options, depending on where is the version you want to save Import it once more to overwrite what you did.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Go to the process history and select the rows representing the before and after versions, then right click -> Compare. In the side-by-side view go to File-> Export Left Side to export the older version as an XML file. The re-import this file.

Armando_Antonio
Level 3
There is not way to rollback the changes. The only way to restore it is by overwrite it once more with an old version. You can get any version of the process/project you want, becuase BP keeps the history of changes. In the Studio tab, select the process/object in question. In the history of changes, select the version you want to recover and the newest version together(ctrl + left-click). Right-Click on and select the Compare option. In the new window, In the File menu select Export Right/Left Side (whichever is the right version for you) and then export it. Now, you just have to inport it and done.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
This is possible, albeit a bit long winded. Compare the two versions of the process (in v5 onwards this is done by selecting them both in studio and right clicking to select the compare context menu option). The old version of your process will be the one on the left.  There are menu options to export the old version to a file, you will then be able to re-import it either overwriting or as a new named process.

SurajJadhav
Level 5
Got It Thanks

SurajJadhav
Level 5
Got It Thanks....!!!!