cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to read correct data

NisthaAgarwal
Level 4
Hi 
I am trying to extract the values from invoice using decipher. But after training the decipher it is still not able to read correct "Total price". It is reading values from different places.(ML model is turned ON).
can someone suggest what may be the issue?

Thank you
Nistha agarwal

------------------------------
Nistha Agarwal

9 REPLIES 9

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi Nistha.

How many documents have you trained so far? Assuming the assignable flag is set (it is the default), Decipher should be able to recognize where it is on the document. Also, are there any header fields that you can use to help Decipher find it? Finally, depending upon the answer to my first question, you probably do not want ML turned on yet. 

The ML model is supplemental to the rules-based training that you do when first training Decipher and you need a lot of documents to help ML. 

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Jack,
Thank you for replying. I have trained it for 500-700 documents after turning ON the ML model.
I haven't find any header for Total Amt. For other Data i have added the headers. So what may be the  reason because sometime it is extracting correct amount and sometime it is picking the data from different places from docs.

Nistha Agarwal

Hi Nistha.

So is Decipher finding most (all) of the other fields? Also, is your ML training threshold set at 1000 documents? 

I should have asked this right away, what version of Decipher are you running?

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Jack,
yes Decipher is able to find all other fields except Total price. Decipher threshold is set for 50 docs.
and i am using decipher 1.1 version

Nistha Agarwal

Hi Nistha.

Please post a screen shot of your DFD and one of your invoices. I want to see where the total price field is positioned on both items.

Thanks

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Jeck,
I am sharing screenshot of DFD and invoice. PFA for it.

Thank You

Nistha Agarwal

Hi Nistha.

The sample header for Total Amount looks like it has commas separating values. Is that correct? This could confusing Decipher because it is looking for a comma that is part of the header.

All you need to do is key in the value on the document like "Total". If there are multiple possible values, just hit enter and key the next value on the line below. Decipher will separate them with semi-colons. 

I also noticed that the header "Total" appears in two similar places on the invoice. You'll need to look for other settings or perhaps headers to help Decipher understand which Total you mean. 

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi jack,
Yes it is correct. I am considering (Total and Amount) as different headers. But is it not picking the value from total header sometime it is picking the price value from CGST,SGST and Roundoff Values.
1)The headers are case sensitive?
2)what are the other settings for similar headers ?

Thank You

Nistha Agarwal

Hi Nistha.

Headers are not case sensitive. I typically use all lowercase letters. I know I just said that it is better to leave out punctuation in the header but you could try E. & O.E - cut it from the PDF - as it might be helpful.

Another thought would be to use a formula to sum up the values on the invoice.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism