cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v6.10 Upgraded Database, but Blue Prism Server service won't start

BrettRocco
Level 2
I successfully upgraded the database, however when I attempted to start the service, it would not stay running. Upon further investigation I found the event logs said it did the following:
1-Attempted to run the query "Select Licenseid, Requestid, Reference from BPALicenseActivationRequest"
2-Returned error saying "Invalid object name 'BPALicenseActivationRequest'.

When I checked the underlying database, I found that many of the tables were prefixed with my active directory username rather than the standard 'dbo.' in SQL Server. Can anyone tell me what caused this and how to remedy it? Attached screenshots of the errors in event viewer and SQL Server
2 REPLIES 2

expertcr
Staff
Staff
Will be better to raise a ticket at support@blueprism.com to check the details of your issue.
  • Please provide us with what version you are upgrading.
  • Are you using SSO or Blue Prism Authentication?
  • Do you have a backup before the upgrade?
  • After installing the new version of Blue Prism, do you try creating a new database?
  • Do you have full rights to write in the SQL Server?

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Brett,

If you look at the SQL scripts used by Blue Prism to upgrade the database closely, you can find that various schema objects are not prefixed with database schema name. 

This essentially means the script will be run against the default schema of the database user. I think in your case, your default schema is not set to dbo hence the behavior you have noticed. See below screenshots on a Blue Prism database I have for TestUser.

36826.png

Please also refer to this third-party discussion post to find ways to get around this.