cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save default sort order for queue contents

Prashant
Level 4
We are upgrading Blue Prism from version 6.7.3 to version 6.10.1. In the version 6.7.3 the queue contents are by default sorted by last updated desc while in version 6.10.1 it is sorted ascending.

The saved filter feature also does not save the sort order specified at the time of the saving the filter and even that filter has to be selected explicitly each time user accesses the queue, even within the same session.

Is there a way to at least revert the default sort order to version 6.7.3 behavior?
6 REPLIES 6

til.minet
Level 5
We have the same issue... it just does not make any sense why this setting was changed. Why would I want to always display the oldest queue items instead of the most recently updated ones? Anybody knows a workaround for that?

Hi,

this is registered as a bug with bug code BP-2825.

I know it does not help you to fix it but at least you know that you can't do anything with that :(.

Regards,

Zdenek

PvD_SE
Level 12
@Zdeněk:

How does this bug-code process work in ​general? Are things like this fixed and implemented in next version or is a separate fix issued that you can implement on your current installation?

...obviously, BP might as well answer my question! 🙂

----------------
Happy Coding!
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

Hi, Paul,

I would be very happy if I can answer this but I don't know internal Blue Prism procedure. Someone responsible from Blue Prism needs to provide an answer to this.

I know this as one of our clients discovered this several weeks ago when they put 6.10.1 in TEST environment and I got this information form Blue Prism support hence I know the bug code number. 

Regards,

Zdenek

PvD_SE
Level 12
@Bruce Liu:
Do you have the answer to the following open question:

Can BP only provide a fix in the next planned version or can BP provide a fix that can be applied in any current 6.10.* version?

Note that the problem as sketched by Prashant is not a problem for me (yet). But I am curious to learn if a problem could be fixed in any current installation or that a solution always implies and upgrade to the newest version where the problem has been fixed. As I mainly work in Finance, we tend to be several BP versions behind, hence my interest.
With my other activities in IBM i programming, IBM will always provide a solution (even coding language enhancements) that can be applied to an earlier version of the OS (within reason) without the need to upgrade to a newer OS version in order to get the fix applied there. Needless to say that this is an exceptionally good strategy for IBM's customers.
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Paul,

We are aware of this inconsistency and are in the process of investigating. If the change was not made intentionally, it would likely be corrected in future releases.

Now back to your question on how Blue Prism provides fixes for bugs found in previous releases. I am able to offer some general observations on releases based on historical accounts. Please take a look at the following explanation on Blue Prism versions first:

Blue Prism Versions (v#A.#B.#C)
  • #A (major release): likely infrastructure changes, significant new features, bug fixes, function changes, e.g., no 6 as in v6.7.3.
  • #B (minor release): new features, bug fixes, function changes, e.g., no 7 as in v6.7.3.
  • #C (dot release): maintenance release, intended for patching critical issues, e.g., no 3 as in v6.7.3.
Providing the issue is critical, you can expect a dot release with the fix incorporated. All minor and major releases thereafter should also have the fix built in. Depending on the severity of the issue, we may even retrospectively provide fix for a series of old releases in the form of dot releases on top of their respective latest minor release.

Please note that I offer no guarantee that this will be the way going forward as we continuously improve our internal release strategy. Also to mention that I am not in Blue Prism product team therefore cannot comment on how this bug would be addressed eventually. I would suggest you follow our future product release notes on bug 2825 when new releases are rolled out.

Hope the above helps.​