cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmmettBlake
Level 4
We have found that a BOT needs use Multiple Credentials.
We currently manage this by naming Convention:
BOT_IGOR_AD
BOT_IGOR_IVD
BOT_IGOR_GMS
BOT_C3PO_AD
BOT_C3PO_IVD
BOT_C3PO_GMS
Please provide a tree view similar to studio that might look something like:
- BOT_IGOR
+ AD
+ IVD
+ GMS

- BOT_C3PO
+ AD
+ IVD
+ GMS

2 Comments
NicholasZejdlik
Level 9

I think a tree view would be nice for organizing credentials, however I don't think it would work quite the way you're looking for. It would probably look more like this:

- BOT_IGOR
    + BOT_IGOR_AD
    + BOT_IGOR_IVD
    + BOT_IGOR_GMS
- BOT_C3PO
    + BOT_C3PO_AD
    + BOT_C3PO_IVD
    + BOT_C3PO_GMS

Having a tree like you're thinking could break existing Get Credential stages, since it would need both the tree name and credential name, instead of just the credential name.

LuukOlthof
Level 4

I agree with the original post. Perhaps the credential manager could be changed to include an account option, next to the current loose credentials. 

Like the original post says, it is common that one "Robot" may have more than one set of credentials, say one for windows, one for SAP, one for CRM etc.

An new feature could look someting like this. In credential manager next to adding just a singe credential you could add a User, say ROBOT1. It would have multiple sets of usernames and passwords attached to it.

Then in the workflow the Get Credential action could list the Accounts in the dropdown, with another dropdown showing the different sets of credentials to choose from.

This would make it less hardcoded, easier to change and look a lot nicer in the credential manager.