cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
takashi_suzuki
Level 5
Hi Team,

We are able to edit Environment Variable by just focusing mouse cursol.

There is a risk to update them by mistake.

We wish any functions to avoid the mistake.
4 Comments
HanneBakken
Staff
Staff
Hi Takashi,,

Thank you for your idea!

Our ideation review panel is currently reviewing your idea, can you please provide me with some more details on the error you're trying to avoid?

Thanks in advance,
Hanne 
Blue Prism Developer
@takashi suzuki,

Can you help us understand a bit more about what you'd like to see to alleviate this issue? Are you looking for a confirmation of edits, would you like more clicks to be able to edit an environment variable? Maybe an icon indicating when a field has been changed?

Thanks,
Melanie
takashi_suzuki
Level 5
// This translation is Google Translate 
// Please forgive rude expressions

hello 
@MelanieGiulian1 , @Hanne Bakken

Sorry for late reply
About the case of trying to add an environment variable.

Normally, you add a variable, enter an environment variable, and press the "Apply" button.
However, there is a risk of changing unintended environment variables.
The reason is that you can click on an unintended item to edit it.

Blue Prism is a great product, But The environment variable management function is like Excel.

From now on, my request.

I want to display in a hierarchical structure like a work queue.
I think it is easy to manage and can prevent erroneous operations.

*May be close to this idea "Grouping or Filtering Environment Variables"

In such a configuration, you cannot add or change it without pressing the New or Change button.
In other words, you can prevent erroneous corrections.

In addition, if the Delete button is not near the New or Modify button, you can prevent accidental deletion.

Please consider this fix.
I'm a big fan of Blue Prism.

Thank you
Hi Takashi, 

Thanks for the additional information! We are moving it into the Under Consideration status while we route the idea through our internal review process. 

As we review your idea, we will review the first part of your request (the backward compatibility). The 2nd part (the hierarchical structure) is a duplicate of the idea you referenced below: Grouping or Filtering Environment Variables. Please follow that idea for updates on that part of your request. 

We will update you as your idea moves along the lifecycle.

Thank you!
Melanie