cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ronaldvan_Eupen
Level 3

The possibility to have an overview of what logging levels are used within the script, besides the information how much % logging is used.

As an example, it is not interesting for us to know how many activities have the status "errors only". However, it is important to know how many activities have the status logging enabled, so that we can minimize the impact on our databases.

5 Comments
ThomasLagerwerf
Level 1

This would help our team a lot! Currently the "%log" report that pops up when importing is not usefull at all since "Error only" stages are counted as well.

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Thank you for raising @Ronald van Eupen

Thank you for raising, I understand what you are generally asking for, I’ve updated the status to More info, whilst we determine the specifics.

Questions:

1. What would you like to see on the Process Logging Overview?

2. If we split it this way, would that be preferred? 

• Stages with logging (Enabled)

• Stages with logging (Errors only)

• Stages with logging (parameters)

3. Is this something you care about when importing a release (or at other times)?

Kind regards

Chris Strong

Senior Product Manager

SS&C | Blue Prism

Ronaldvan_Eupen
Level 3

@chris.strong That would be a nice feature for the team. Especially for the release managers who monitor these statistics. 

This kind of statistics would also be beneficial for the construction and maintanance of VBO's, like within the 'errors' functionality window. 

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Thank you for sharing @Ronald van Eupen

I’ve updated the status to Reviewed, which means that we understand the ask and continues to allow other Community members to vote for and comments on the request.  I’ll keep the follow-up questions published to canvas opinion from the community.

Questions for the community:

1. What would you like to see on the Process Logging Overview?

2. Is it, you want:

• Stages with logging (Enabled)

• Stages with logging (Errors only)

• Stages with logging (parameters)

3. Is this something you care about when importing a release (or at other times too)?

Kind regards

Chris Strong

Senior Product Manager

SS&C | Blue Prism

LuukOlthof
Level 4

I agree with this idea. It would be helpful to be able to get a logging overview in the studio environment, similar to how we view dependencies now.

I would like to see what stages are set to what logging level and be able to change them in bulk within this extra window.  Perhaps also the option to set all stages of a certain type to a logging level all at once.