cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Path element challenge on my Advanced consolidation exercise

blazino17
Level 3

Screenshot 2024-10-14 105249.pngHi Team, Please I'm currently working on my advanced consolidation exercise and have encountered a roadblock. My process runs successfully the first time, but during the second **GET NEXT ACTION PHASE**, it logs out of the application and logs back in to perform the second work item, which seems inefficient.

According to **Blue Prism Advanced Consolidation Exercise solution 2.9 Scenario 9** on **Dynamic Path Elements** and Blue Prism Advanced Consolidation Exercise 3.3.2 Scenario 9 – Dynamic Path Elements, this issue might be resolved by using a dynamic path element. The required element type should be **HTML Element**, but when I switch to **Application Modeller**, I can't find the HTML Element option. I’ve tried using **Browser Mode**, and while I successfully highlighted the needed element, it isn’t dynamic as expected.

I need assistance in spying a new element that uses only the **Path attribute** so that I can use this element to replace the original elements in the **Navigate stages** that clicks on any of the five menu items. I feel like I’m missing something essential, so I would greatly appreciate your guidance in resolving this challenge.Screenshot 2024-10-11 145505.pngScreenshot 2024-10-11 145031.pngScreenshot 2024-10-11 143856.pngScreenshot 2024-10-14 103830.png

1 BEST ANSWER

Helpful Answers

Hi @blazino17 

Based on the screenshot you made dynamic selector for web value but you are  still using path as well, IN order to select  the dynamic value unselect the path and use attributes like match index, Tag Name, web text or web target address check which one is the best suitable for you.
Since Path is dynamic value for each of teh radio button it might be the reason it is not able to select it. 

if you want to select based on path.
You need to  make dynamic selection for WebPath/XPath in APp Modeller

In app Modeller spy all the radio buttons in  the screenshot. Identify dynamic values it might be both rows and columns in  path or it may be just one of them
Once you identify the position in html path . Create one or two variables based on the dynamic values whether it is row or column or both.

1) Copy the whole HTML path and use it in navigation stage > Params and  concatenate html path and variables you have created in such a way to pass the value to html path dynamically based on the value it will select the radio button.

If you are intrested to explore xpathg and CSS ()check this course(Spying Using CSS Selector and XPath – Basics) in university.

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the Best Answer

Harish Mogulluri

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @blazino17 

Based on the screenshot you made dynamic selector for web value but you are  still using path as well, IN order to select  the dynamic value unselect the path and use attributes like match index, Tag Name, web text or web target address check which one is the best suitable for you.
Since Path is dynamic value for each of teh radio button it might be the reason it is not able to select it. 

if you want to select based on path.
You need to  make dynamic selection for WebPath/XPath in APp Modeller

In app Modeller spy all the radio buttons in  the screenshot. Identify dynamic values it might be both rows and columns in  path or it may be just one of them
Once you identify the position in html path . Create one or two variables based on the dynamic values whether it is row or column or both.

1) Copy the whole HTML path and use it in navigation stage > Params and  concatenate html path and variables you have created in such a way to pass the value to html path dynamically based on the value it will select the radio button.

If you are intrested to explore xpathg and CSS ()check this course(Spying Using CSS Selector and XPath – Basics) in university.

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the Best Answer

Harish Mogulluri

Thank you, Let me try it out

blazino17
Level 3

Thank you so much; it worked, I appreciate you for your help