cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Region mode elements not identified in Interactive client resource

Ndauti
Level 2

Hello all,

I am working on a process which was created from outside. The Process has many elements which were identified on Region mode.

In the runtime it works fine. But when I want to debug, none of the region modes are working.

I assume it might be due to some screen settings. Do you ever faced such an issue, and moreover do you know how to handle such problem?

I never used region mode as I always try to work with the other spying methods. But in this case we work with an application that is hard to be spied with Win32, UI, AA etc.

Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2

Nandhakumar
Level 6

Hi @Ndauti ,

I have faced similar issues previously.

1. It should be the screen resolution - please make sure the screen resolution is same when you debug in the same runtime machine or in a different machine

2. Make sure you open the app in a way how bot opens and works with(in a maximized/Minimized mode)

As it is already working in runtime machine, you may check on these 2 items and see if that helps.

Because we do set the screen resolution for the runtime machines before we start the processes but when we login manually it will be system default resolution.

Thanks,

Nandha

Hello @Ndauti - Best practice is to access the application and spy everything according to the system/machine resolution. If the machine resolution isn't good enough, get the resolution settings changed permanently by the admin. If the machine resolution is according to standards or in good state but the application you are using is not in a good resolution - then it's a complex situation.

While debugging, try to avoid blue prism over laying with application.

Just try to add activate application on your every step while debugging - check if it works just for debugging purposes as it's not a best practice have so many activate application.

If you are debugging inside a citrix machine or azure machine from browser, make it full screen.

Let me know if this help or if you found another resolution.