cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply All to e-mail with an attachment

raniaahmed
Level 3
Hi All
please support as I want to reply all to an e-mail with an attachment and the functions existing in the last outlook VBO version containing either reply all without attachment or send a new e-mail with an attachment

------------------------------
rania ahmed
15 REPLIES 15

Hello @ewilson - Thanks for Quick modification in VBO. i used the latest feature and working fine. Thanks a lot.!!​

Neeraj Kumar
Technical Architect

Hello @ewilson - I have noticed one thing in Reply action in this VBO.

Action is removing the below content from mail while replying - standard content come while replying

Sent: 19 October 2022 09:47
To: Neeraj Kumar
Subject: test

On checking further noticed that VBO is having following code

If Message_Is_HTML Then
reply.BodyFormat = 2
reply.HTMLBody = Message & vbCrLf & item.HTMLBody
Else
reply.BodyFormat = 1
reply.Body = Message & vbCrLf & item.Body

and when i try to use below code. it is working fine

If Message_Is_HTML Then
reply.BodyFormat = 2
reply.HTMLBody = Message & vbCrLf & reply.HTMLBody
Else
reply.BodyFormat = 1
reply.HTMLBody = Message & vbCrLf & reply.HTMLBody
End If

Please can you check if i am right interpreting this.

Neeraj Kumar
Technical Architect

Hi @Neeraj Kumar,

The original code sets the item variable reference to that of the original email details. This incudes the address information, the subject, the body, etc. The reply variable is then to a new message instance which is populated with the ​same message details as the original (i.e. addresses, subject, body, etc). At this point the two variables point to message objects that are essentially the same with the exception of the EntryID.

My guess is that the reason for performing the append of item.Body or item.HtmlBody to Message probably boils down to a concern that reply.Body/reply.HtmlBody would be overwritten by Message, so item.Body/item.HtmlBody was used to ensure we still had the original body to include in the reply. In our testing, this code works fine. Are you saying it doesn't work for you?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

@Neeraj Kumar - I just realized that you were referring to the original header info. Yes, the existing code does remove that and just includes the body. Funny that no one has ever picked that up. 🤷‍♂️ We can revise that.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

@Neeraj Kumar,

The body issue is resolved. Also fixed the issue where the replies subject was missing the RE:. Version 10.1.1 is available on the DX now.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Thanks @ewilson again for this.

Actually I noticed this( Reply stuff) earlier as well like 2 year before but always thought that this is as per design :)​ and never questioned the code.

Neeraj Kumar
Technical Architect