cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abby FlexiCapture vs Decipher

NarendiranThan1
Level 3
I am interesting to know the comparison between Abby and Decipher. Can anyone help on this?

------------------------------
Narendiran Thangadurai Blue Prism Developer
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15

I can only give you my own opinion (not BP official).

Abby Flexicapture is a more mature product that has been around for far longer than Decipher.  It is on version 12 (I think?) and has many more years of having real world examples of invoices and other document types passed through it to improve it's built in models.   Abbyy is still an important TAP partner of Blue Prism and we are happy to promote the enterprise strenght of a number of their products as best in class: https://www.blueprism.com/resources/blog/explore-next-generation-ia-with-abbyy-and-blue-prism/

However,  Decipher is a new product that is improving fast,  Blue Prism have invested a lot to make the technology intelligent so it learns quickly.  It can be used "out-of-the-box" without the need to purchase additional licenses or products, and organizations can also incorporate their own document capture technologies, such as ABBYY, or document capture services companies within the Decipher framework - so you can blend multiple technologies if that is what you would prefer to do.  

My recommendation for any customer would be to run a proper evaluation process to compare different ICR tools until you find the one that works best for you.  Obviously Decipher is license free if your organisation has paid for extended support with Blue Prism so even if your analysis finds that it cannot do everything you want yet,  there might be a strong argument for using Decipher to process as much as possible and then another tool like Abbyy for any scenarios you find where Decipher is not good enough for your purpose yet.

If your organisation is considering using Decipher I would recommend bringing in Blue Prism's Professional Services consultants to help getting the platform up and running and guide you through your first project with the new product.  

Denis Dennehy
Head of Professional Services, EMEA
Blue Prism Ltd
Europe/London

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15

I can only give you my own opinion (not BP official).

Abby Flexicapture is a more mature product that has been around for far longer than Decipher.  It is on version 12 (I think?) and has many more years of having real world examples of invoices and other document types passed through it to improve it's built in models.   Abbyy is still an important TAP partner of Blue Prism and we are happy to promote the enterprise strenght of a number of their products as best in class: https://www.blueprism.com/resources/blog/explore-next-generation-ia-with-abbyy-and-blue-prism/

However,  Decipher is a new product that is improving fast,  Blue Prism have invested a lot to make the technology intelligent so it learns quickly.  It can be used "out-of-the-box" without the need to purchase additional licenses or products, and organizations can also incorporate their own document capture technologies, such as ABBYY, or document capture services companies within the Decipher framework - so you can blend multiple technologies if that is what you would prefer to do.  

My recommendation for any customer would be to run a proper evaluation process to compare different ICR tools until you find the one that works best for you.  Obviously Decipher is license free if your organisation has paid for extended support with Blue Prism so even if your analysis finds that it cannot do everything you want yet,  there might be a strong argument for using Decipher to process as much as possible and then another tool like Abbyy for any scenarios you find where Decipher is not good enough for your purpose yet.

If your organisation is considering using Decipher I would recommend bringing in Blue Prism's Professional Services consultants to help getting the platform up and running and guide you through your first project with the new product.  

Denis Dennehy
Head of Professional Services, EMEA
Blue Prism Ltd
Europe/London