cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Work Queue and Scheduler Fail to Trigger Process

Stephen
Level 3
Hi Blue Prism Community, 

I have been building a process myself to test the work queue capability of Blue Prism 6. Architecturally, I would like a process to be triggered to run when an item is added to a queue. I understand Active Work Queues is designed to do this but no matter what settings I try I can not make the Availiable Resources number tick above 0. 

Previously I had tried to get a process to run daily off a scheduler but there was no luck there either. 

Should probably note that in my current infrastructure set up I am running a local instance of SQL Server and developing on the same computer I am trying to run the processes off. Is this an issue? 

Happy to provide any other information as required. 

Thanks!
30289.png

------------------------------
Stephen Lew
RPA Developer
Australia/Sydney
1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Stephen, I'm afraid despite the name, Active Queues does not provide the dynamism you are looking for. Adding items to a queue will not automatically increase the number of resources. In reality, starting additional resources is a manual task - you still have to click the up/down arrows in the Target Resources column.

The scheduler is a separate issue. It is run by BPServer, so if you are using the 'direct to DB' connection mode on your local instance, you may not have BP Server running, and therefore the scheduler will not run either. If you go back to the install guide to get BPServer up and running, you find that scheduler works.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism