cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application modeller

Santos26
Level 3

Hi, guys! Can someone help me?

I can locate the element, but when I try to interact with it, nothing happens. The bot can't click the element that I found. How can I solve this issue?30534.png

im refering to the select file

30535.png

------------------------------
Ace Rigor Santos
8 REPLIES 8

harish.m
Level 12

HI Ace Rigor Santos,

Are you able to highlight using Application Modeller?

WHat are the actions you tried for  interacting the button?

In general you can use navigate stage 1)  focus and Click centre or 2) focus > Global mouse click or 3) Focus > Global send keys and send the enter keyword.

If those actions doesnot work try to spy in different mode and  try similar actions

I usually avoid using webpath/xpath unless it is necessary  if you are planning to use browser mode, try unselecting webpath/xpath and select web text along with other attributes.

Thanks,

Harish

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish M
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Hi Harish M,

Can you highlight using Application Modeller? - Yes

What actions have you tried to interact with the button? - Click

This is in browser mode on Google.

30493.png

Ace Rigor Santos

Did trying the Tracking ID work? We have had a couple of instances where the element highlights without issue, but when it ran the stage it failed. A few times the tracking id set it right.

But not always.

Brian Clayton
Applications Consultant
The Auto Club Group
America/Dearborn MI
313-336-1896

Hi Ace Rigor Santos,

Did you get chance to verify whether by adding focus before click  and see whether it is focusing or not?

IF you want to  make sure the attribute selection in application modeller is working or not you can also use highlight action in navigate stage.

As other member mentioned in some versions of blue prism  based on browser extension  you might probably use tracking ID.

I would  try using Tracking ID . Tracking ID will be generated when you launch or attach.

-----------------------

Harish M
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Hi Harish Mogulluri,

I attempted to add focus, but I'm unsure if the bot is actually focusing on the "select file" element. I tried to highlight the "select file" area using the navigate stage, and I successfully highlighted it. Additionally, I used a tracking ID. Perhaps I can resolve this issue in the attributes settings?

Ace Rigor Santos

HI Ace 

You can try below combinations by changing attribute selection in APp modeller as mentioned earlier if I'm using browser mode i try to avoid WEbPath/Xpath - Instead I use web text, Web ID, Web Element type  i'm suggesting based on  the App modeller screenshot shared earlier.

You can try below combination of actions. 
If you are using global send keys make sure to activate the browser before focusing teh element.

1)  focus and Click centre or 2) focus > Global mouse click or 3) Focus > Global send keys and send the enter keyword.

-----------------------

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX

I did find in some circumstances that using the 'Hover' action , then click, from a nav stage worked. I'm not sure if that will work for you, but it couldn't hurt to try. An alternative might be UIA mode.

Brian Clayton
Applications Consultant
The Auto Club Group
America/Dearborn MI

Hi @Ace Rigor Santos,

I've seen this behaviour with Browser mode earlier. It highlights the element correctly but the click operation won't work when tried. As a resolution we've spied the element in the UIA mode and used Global mouse click centre but, for this approach there are a couple of drawbacks:

• Constant delays occur for finding the element through the DOM tree which is used by UIA mode for searching the element.
  • Element should always be present on the screen if not we need to use "scroll to" in navigate stage and then try using Global Mouse Click.

If the above approach as well doesn't work then read the bounds of the element (if element is present on the screen). Have a win32 element created and using that element in navigate stage perform click by passing the co-ordinates (x & y) that we get as bounds (x = Round((Left+Right)/2,0), y = Round((Top+Bottom)/2,0)).

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
Wonderbotz
India

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
India