Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutomateC - Cannot start process because a file name has not been provided

BenAnderson
Level 5
Hi, 

I was using AutomateC to export a queue with the following:

/exportqueue "C:\Users\Me\Desktop\MyReport.csv" /queuename "MyQueue" /user "myUsername" myPassword /queuefilter Weekly

I'm using the AutomateC utility VBO to do so. I'm looping through a list of the queue names. Whenever I try using it to export my first queue, it works fine and generates the csv file to the correct location. However when I try a second time for the second queue in the list it throws the following error: 

"Internal: Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Cannot start process because a file name has not been provided"

Would anybody be able to shed some light on this, as the only thing that has changed on the second attempt is the name of the queue. The names themselves aren't that different (e.g. "Queue 1", "Queue 2"), both with a space and number.

I'm using BP 6.10.1
Many thanks for any help,
Regards,
Ben
Benjamin Anderson, Senior Consultant, UK
7 REPLIES 7

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi Ben,

Do you have the same problem when you run the process under debug?

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

BenAnderson
Level 5
Hi @PvD_SE 

Many thanks for the reply. Yeah, unfortunately it happens in debug mode as I step through it a second time.

I am able to generate the reports perfectly fine from the Command Line/Prompt using AutomateC. The error only ever seems to arise when stepping through the BP process in debug mode.

Many thanks.
Ben

​​

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi Ben,

Ok, so running it via Automate is probably not related to the error. 

In that case you can identify the action that goes wrong on your second pass. Usually, you get better info on exceptions if you step into the failing object to see what action fails there. Does this provide you with new clues?

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden

BenAnderson
Level 5
Hi @PvD_SE,

Whenever I step through it down into the AutomateC object/VBO I get the following error when stepping over the code stage (please see the attached pics).

The error message is:
"Internal: Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Cannot start process because a file name has not been provided"

And the arguments provided are:
/exportqueue "C:\Users\Me\Desktop\MyReport.csv" /queuename "MyQueue" /user "myUsername" myPassword /queuefilter Weekly

It seemed to work yesterday afternoon for multiple reports without any errors, yet it threw the error again this morning. Either way I'd like to try and get to the bottom of it, to prevent it from happening again in the future. Extensive google searches haven't been able to shed much light on the error unfortunately.

Many thanks for your help,
Kind regards,
Ben​

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi Ben,

In that case it sounds like the good folks at BP might be able to shed some more light on this one.
@ewilson: Any contributions to this one?

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden​
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Benjamin Anderson,

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot to offer here. My best recommendation would be to open a ticket with support if you haven't already done so.

You mentioned that it seemed to work yesterday for a while which leads me to believe it's something related to possibly some resource utilization issue. Some things you might consider:
  • Perhaps the previous process wasn't cleanly shutdown and is hanging things up. Take a look through Task Manager and see if there are any zombie Automate or CMD processes.
  • I assume you're trying to write the data for the second queue to the same folder where you successfully wrote the data for the first queue?
  • Instead of writing to the Desktop you might try writing to a different folder (ex. C:\temp) and see if that has any impact.
Cheers,
Eric​

BenAnderson
Level 5
Hi @ewilson,

Many thanks for this. Yeah, I'll try killing any zombie processes first and then try saving to a different folder location. I'll also run on a different VM.

Many thanks for your help,
Kind regards,
Ben​