cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutomateC trying to launch a process with cmd

JessyBérubé
Level 2
Hi everyone,

I want to create a process that start a cmd.exe and write a command line that will launch a specific process.

The command line look like this :
AutomateC.exe /run testObject /resource W56567 /user Robot "pass/word"

That throw the error message : "Login failed: The wrong login type was used."

I look into internet and try a multiple thing, but nothing work. Do you have any sugestion ?
4 REPLIES 4

JessyBérubé
Level 2
To add a little bit of context. I want to create a process that will determine wich process need to start, and wich machine is available to use. Then when he gonna decide that a specific process should start, he will launch the cmd and start the process on the machine available.

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Jessy Bérubé,

Take a look at the Process Dispatch Framework available on the Digital Exchange. There's a VBO included in the .bprelease called ​Utility - Process Dispatcher. Take a look at the Run Process action. That should give you a pretty example of how to kick off a process using AutomateC.

Cheers,
Eric

JessyBérubé
Level 2
Hi @ewilson,

I explore your solution and manage to find something that ​interesst me and my team. Thanks for your answer !

Jessy​

VarunVeetil
Level 2
Example to trigger the login agent process on a machine with input parameters with SSO. You can skip the part after your resource PC if you do not want to pass parameters to the process

AutomateC.exe" /sso /run "Login." /resource W56567 /startp "<inputs><input name='Login Locally' type='flag' value='False' /><input name='Domain' type='text' value='domain' /> </inputs>