cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Trigger from Queue

Neel1
MVP
Hello Guys,

So far what i understand is Blue prism is having manual and schedule based trigger.
Let me know if we can have event based automation trigger as well from Blue prism like inserting an item in queue can trigger an automation or not .Not to configure any Schedule to poll Queue Item.

Please help with your expertise.

------------------------------
Neeraj Kumar
Technical Architect
1 BEST ANSWER

Helpful Answers

Hi Neerja,

If the work that is to be completed is held within a work queue, the use of functionality such as Active Queues can be used.

Active queues allow you to allocate a number of resource to work the work queue itself, this will be dynamic depending on the number of entries within the work queue to be worked. This allows flexibility and a closer association between work queues and sessions than the scheduler.

We have more documentation on this within our online help guidance:

BP Help - Active queues

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Beau

Beau Bray-Deacon
Customer Support Analyst
Blue Prism
Beau Bray-Deacon Customer Support Analyst Blue Prism

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Neeraj,

I thinks this trigger operation was not provided in Blue Prism due to the nature of the architecture it was implemented on as opposed to what other vendors are working on.

Having said that, the best way to replicate this scenario as per my understanding is to call a sub process right after you use "Add Items To Queue". However, there is a very big catch to it. Since, you will be adding items most likely within a loop, try not call the sub process right inside the loop as this will result in unwanted memory leaks. Better way would be to go ahead an call the process from an action of a wrapper object as when you will initialise the object the memory will be loaded only once for the entirety of the process flow.

One other approach can be to call the process exposed as an API from the original process, however you need to check the mode of initialisation as "auto" as repeated calls simultaneously can consume a lot of runtime licenses.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you and if it resolves you query please mark it as the best answer so that others having the same problem can track the answer easily

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

----------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope this helps you out and if so, please mark the current thread as the 'Answer', so others can refer to the same for reference in future.
Regards,
Devneet Mohanty,
SS&C Blueprism Community MVP 2024,
Automation Architect,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.

Thanks devneet for your feedback. Best as always.

First Line of your reply provides confirmation to me of this feature is still not there in BP.

Neeraj Kumar
Technical Architect

Hi Neerja,

If the work that is to be completed is held within a work queue, the use of functionality such as Active Queues can be used.

Active queues allow you to allocate a number of resource to work the work queue itself, this will be dynamic depending on the number of entries within the work queue to be worked. This allows flexibility and a closer association between work queues and sessions than the scheduler.

We have more documentation on this within our online help guidance:

BP Help - Active queues

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Beau

Beau Bray-Deacon
Customer Support Analyst
Blue Prism
Beau Bray-Deacon Customer Support Analyst Blue Prism

RaviKumar3
Level 5
Hello Neeraj,

Yes correct , so far there is no solution given by BP but alternatively we can have a batch which can run (every min-depend upon your requirement ) to check your outlook for any email or file updates in given folder- which covers 80-90% events in automation and once it founds any desired input then it triggers the BP process.

I hope it gives an idea.

Ravi Kumar
Sr Automation Designer
Ericsson
Asia/Kolkata