cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure Application Insights logging with Blue Prism Bots

JonathanBeck
Level 2

My team is investigating logging and reporting of Blue Prism bots status such as Completed, Status Changes, Network Traffic, Exceptions and other loggable bot status output.  

On other projects we make extensive use of Azure Application Insights logging.  It would be nice to have all of our logging and reporting tooling in one place.

Some of the default categories from AppInsights are 

• Availability
  • Request
  • Exception
  • Page View
  • Trace
  • Custom Event
  • Dependency
While all of these categories do not match exactly to Blue Prism bot logging, AppInsights does allow for custom categories to be created.

My question today is does Blue Prism have plans to support Azure Application Insights for bot logging?  Has anyone developed any tooling to support it (most likely a C# .dll)?

------------------------------
Jonathan Beck
1 REPLY 1

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @JonathanBeck,

I'm not aware of any plans to support Azure AppInsights specifically within the product. With that said, are you familiar with Blue Prism Data Gateway? It's a feature that allows you export Session data to external destinations like HTTP listeners, Splunk, other databases, etc. You might be able to leverage that to feed AppInsights.

Theres also the REST API that was introduced in v7. It includes some endpoints for collecting dashboard information. That ​could be another option.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange