cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BMIUtilisationMonthly ... history has only EoM figures

Walter.Koller
Level 11

Hello,

I wanted to use the statistics table BMIUtilisationMonthly to get historic figures for the past years. When querying the table I noticed only the December is available for previous months and all months for the current year. The list of year & months look like:

2024-06, 2024-05, 2024-04, 2024-03, 2024-02, 2024-01, 2023-12, 2022-12, 2021-12, 2020-12, ...

I was hoping those December values will at least show the total sum of the year but no, 2023-12 values are less than monthly values in 2024 and cannot be a total sum.

Either I completely miss something, I don't get the purpose of previous year's value or there seem to be a bug of either keeping old data or cleaning the table of old data.

Or is this some weird situation that just happened in our environment after being used for a couple of years and after some upgrades?!

Clarification is much appreciated, thanks

1 BEST ANSWER

Helpful Answers

steven.boggs
Staff
Staff

Hi Walter,

We've seen in the past where utilization data is not available in analytics tables because the setting to begin collecting them was not enabled before a certain time. 

Utilization data will only be collected and displayed in your Analytics tables if you have enabled the Collect utilization and productivity statistics check box under System Settings > System > Reporting:

stevenboggs_2-1720619138787.png

It could be the case that either this option was not enabled until December of last year, and/or you're  using the default value of 6 months for "Keep...monthly statistics", which would remove any utilization data older than 6 months at a regular interval. 

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

steven.boggs
Staff
Staff

Hi Walter,

We've seen in the past where utilization data is not available in analytics tables because the setting to begin collecting them was not enabled before a certain time. 

Utilization data will only be collected and displayed in your Analytics tables if you have enabled the Collect utilization and productivity statistics check box under System Settings > System > Reporting:

stevenboggs_2-1720619138787.png

It could be the case that either this option was not enabled until December of last year, and/or you're  using the default value of 6 months for "Keep...monthly statistics", which would remove any utilization data older than 6 months at a regular interval. 

Hello @steven.boggs 

Thanks for your reply. I just came back from vacation and could not get back to you sooner.

Statistics collection is enabled in our environments. You brought up a good point of monthly statistics being deleted after 6 months. This somehow explains the numbers I saw for Decembers, which seems to be just lower than usual.

However, I can see figures for each month of December for past years although everything older than six months should be deleted

WalterKoller_0-1721818535967.png

I think four of our environments have several December figures for previous years. Most of our environments seem to delete values > 6 months correctly though. 

I will consider this behavior as caused by the age of the environment, which was initially created in v6.4

Thanks again